Holiday Refunds Thread

unzippy

Re: Holiday Refunds Thread

Post by unzippy »

Three months after cancellation I've received a refund for some flights I had booked.
Three months!
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

After bypassing customer services and submitting a complaint via their website, WizzAir have now refunded all my money for the flights home. Was quite speedy TBF.

We're now staying an extra night and coming home Tuesday morning, which ironically, work out quite a bit cheaper than the WizzAir flights alone.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
tim

Post by tim »

tim wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:20 am I finally got my refund (via an MBNA chargeback) for my cancelled Easter holidays RyanAir flights today.
And today RyanTwats have emailed me to say they're refunding my money, in further proof, if any was needed, they are twats.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

All four of my remaining claims are still ongoing with Barclaycard. The new about Virgin will mean that I will be reliant on this or a claim on my insurance to recoup the money for that one.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Ah fuck. Iceland are on a 5 day mandatory quarantine for all new arrivals as from yesterday. As we're only going for 4 days, that means this trip gets pushed back again. More fun trying to move flights etc.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Richard

Post by Richard »

I’ve still not received a refund from Expedia, so I’ve contacted Barclaycard to hopefully get the money back from them instead
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Gwaredd wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:35 pm Ah fuck. Iceland are on a 5 day mandatory quarantine for all new arrivals as from yesterday. As we're only going for 4 days, that means this trip gets pushed back again. More fun trying to move flights etc.
Well that went suprisingly well. Yet again, easyjet have moved both flights for free, airbnb have moved the date for free and so has the car hire place. Brilliant service.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
8Ball

Post by 8Ball »

Where did you see about the 5 day quarantine for Iceland? We're due to go in October half term.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Gov website(s), Icelandic air website and our friend from Iceland who we were going to visit rang us to tell us before we left. "As of 19 August 2020 (00.00) all arriving passengers can choose between a 14-day quarantine or a double testing procedure along with a quarantine for 5-6 days. "

We've re-booked for October too, so we're hopeful it will have been lifted by then!

We might even be on the same flight.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

drcarlos wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:08 am All four of my remaining claims are still ongoing with Barclaycard. The new about Virgin will mean that I will be reliant on this or a claim on my insurance to recoup the money for that one.
2 of the 4 claims have been upheld with Barclaycard, the other 2 are still in progress, but I expect the same conclusion.

I had to cancel my French holiday due to the government guidance so that has gone to insurance this time.