Vets taking the piss on medication prices

mik

Vets taking the piss on medication prices

Post by mik »

This has annoyed me before, but our older dog is now on permanent meds so it has raised its head again.

1 month supply of meds from my vet - £83.40.

1 month supply of same meds from online supplier = £39.00

I had to get a prescription from our vet which cost £15, but that can be used for 4 orders, so the real cost of buying online works out at £42.75 a month.

I appreciate that the local vets need to apply a markup - of course, and we may be skipping a middle man distributor by buying on-line, but a difference of that magnitude appears to be ripping it for me. :evil:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Vets taking the piss on medication prices

Post by Jobbo »

I used to have the same problem - my former vet solved it by increasing the price of a prescription to lessen the difference.
scotta

Post by scotta »

yep - our older dog needed an operation. So it will be £XXX for the basic operation then £XXX for fluids during it which isnt mandatory but will increase her chance of survival...Well fucknut it is mandatory then isnt it.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:05 am I used to have the same problem - my former vet solved it by increasing the price of a prescription to lessen the difference.
That was generous of them.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Horrific as they pretend to care but don't. And when your pet's ill on a bank holiday or after hours you're buggered.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep I loathe visiting the vets - can you just imagine that this is what healthcare for people in America is like :shock:

Bichons are white dogs so they get tear stains, this looks pretty unsightly if you don’t give the eyes a wipe every day but whenever I take him to the vets the bitch is on about him needing an operation to unblock a tear duct :roll:

There was also the time I took him in to have his teeth descaled and they removed 3 of them without even telling me prior. Probably perfectly fine teeth.
How about not having a sig at all?