Holidays cancelled thread

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Holidays cancelled thread

Post by Jobbo »

We’ve got a week in Devon booked for mid-May. I assumed that would be fine even if the pubs and restaurants are shut but it seems the West Country MPs are telling people not to come because the healthcare facilities can’t cope if it spreads much there. So we’ll see whether we end up going.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

We’re in the same boat with a week we’d planned in Norfolk...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I got an e-mail telling me I can have a credit note that last a a year or wait and get a refund. I would re-book for October happily enough but no idea if things will be back to normal.

Looks like the e-mail was hotel only, no mention of flights...
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Bit risky to rebook, do you think the companies you have booked through will still be around in X months times?
How about not having a sig at all?
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:13 am Bit risky to rebook, do you think the companies you have booked through will still be around in X months times?
I hope so, Travel Republic is net base so probably lower overheads than others but yes, I want the money back, I don't want them to have my money as an interest free business loan.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

We’ve got a similar situation, group of us have booked to go away and the local area are saying don’t travel as it’ll overwhelm their services. It’s difficult for us to find a time when we can re-book due to various things. There’s no official word on not going yet so that won’t trigger a refund through the insurance company :?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Ours Norfolk one is a private arrangement but I think the whole park is closed anyway. There's zero point in going as there will be nothing open to do and at least we're not out of pocket on that one.

My concern is the flights for July. We've decided we're not going anyway, no matter what, so if the flights aren't cancelled, we'll try to move them to next year. I'd prefer they were cancelled at this stage.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Kiwi.com - Utter bunch of bastards.
Despite airlines offering a full refund tried to offer a 25% refund in credits on kiwi or wanted £20 to claim the full amount back from the airline on your behalf and pay you back, total time up to 6 months.
People going nuts on both their linkedin and Facebook pages and I'm sure they will not survive this.
They are also apparently still selling seats on cancelled flights and taking peoples money who are trying to get home where there is no flight for them to get on.
Fortunately I only booked outbound flights with them. I also have Travel insurance and booked on a credit card so I think i will initiate the claim as 6 months is not on.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

When people start down the refund route, and we start a separate thread because many of us will have flights on the same airlines, paid with same cards etc.

We can share info
tim

Post by tim »

So Ryanair have finally cancelled our flight to France on the 11th April... but not the return.

You couldn't make this shit up.
Jackleg

Post by Jackleg »

drcarlos wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:24 pm Kiwi.com - Utter bunch of bastards.
Despite airlines offering a full refund tried to offer a 25% refund in credits on kiwi or wanted £20 to claim the full amount back from the airline on your behalf and pay you back, total time up to 6 months.
People going nuts on both their linkedin and Facebook pages and I'm sure they will not survive this.
They are also apparently still selling seats on cancelled flights and taking peoples money who are trying to get home where there is no flight for them to get on.
Fortunately I only booked outbound flights with them. I also have Travel insurance and booked on a credit card so I think i will initiate the claim as 6 months is not on.
I also booked with kiwi. Total shit show. If I cancel my flights I'll get £9.18 of £2.5k! They're being absolutely no help what so ever. Fortunately my travel insurance has cancel for any reason cover, so I'll be going down that route, I still can't imagine that it's going to be overly quick though.

Was due to fly out 3 weeks on Sunday. Pretty gutted that I'm not.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

tim wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:38 pm So Ryanair have finally cancelled our flight to France on the 11th April... but not the return.

You couldn't make this shit up.
Wankers... :evil:
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

Nothing yet cancelled but looking likely -

Haven end of April - Weymouth
Sardinia end of June..

Rubbish.