Holidays cancelled thread

Broccers

Holidays cancelled thread

Post by Broccers »

Tenerife. Where were you going?

A friend of mine lives where we were due and everything is shut. They will be fined 2000 euros for none essential movement.

Scary
NotoriousREV

Re: Holidays cancelled thread

Post by NotoriousREV »

My family over there are well pissed off. They went out last night for the last time for a while and even then the police were stopping people and explaining what was going to happen. Tenerife was already struggling employment-wise and this won’t help.

We’ve got a week in Wales coming up in a few weeks and then a week in Croatia booked for the end of May. Who knows what will happen?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Butlins Minehead is still open Broccers, why not join us for a kids rugby tour next weekend :?:
mik

Post by mik »

I have a week booked off in April - had planned to go to Hameuldaeme - hopefully this can still go ahead.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Carlos wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:38 am Butlins Minehead is still open Broccers, why not join us for a kids rugby tour next weekend :?:
Sounds amazing. Won't help much with my quest for skin cancer 😀
tim

Post by tim »

We have 6 seats booked on a flight to France for Easter, but I'm expecting they'll be cancelled. I may just drive if the eurotunnel is open.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Currently got a centre parcs weekend with the family in May and a mountain biking week in Germany with the boys in July. Who knows where we’ll be by then.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I doubt anyone will be holidaying abroad this year.

And then there's the question of how all thr associated businesses and operators keep going until it can restart again
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

We had planned a week in France for Easter, but decided it wasn't worth it. The thought of having to isolate ourselves for a fortnight abroad with three young children didn't bear thinking.

In-laws have cancelled their two week Caribbean cruise/Barbados trip.

My dad was meant to fly to Cuba on Wednesday, but that has been cancelled too.

Hoping our August family gathering in Sweden won't be cancelled.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

Was meant to be going to Spain on the 25th to see my brother. That's not happening now... Got another trip booked to Portugal in May, which I guess is in doubt!
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Duinrell in the Netherlands early April. Looking very doubtful, but will remain hopeful until they close the park.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Jackleg

Post by Jackleg »

I've booked 4 weeks in Martinique in April/May to see the GF, who I haven't seen since November. I'm rather loath to cancel it, seeing as the flights cost £2k, I really want to go to the Caribbean, I'd like a holiday, I want to swim with turtles and I guess seeing the GF would be good too. Unfortunately, it now sounds as if I might have to cancel. Her ship has just arrived in Peurto Rico, but they've just been told that they're banned from leaving the ship. I'm guessing by the way that things are going, that the same will happen when they get to Martinique.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

A week in Majorca from the 5th. I am guessing we wont hear anything until the last minute as the 15 day emergency lockdown finishes the 31st I think. Cannot see how they would follow a lock down with welcoming package holiday makers from anywhere, let alone the UK.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Florida in 1st April. Obviously wont be going. A lot of stuff is going to be moveable so I'll be doing that and cancelling and rebooting for October this week. That will be a fun job as what I wanted to do was highly custom so its booked all over with about 6 different sites and some direct stuff too.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

No holidays planned but the wife was going for a week somewhere in the UK with kids and friends, that won’t happen I think.

Gutted about my Santa Pod tickets in may, I’m holding out hope but it’s not looking likely.

My sister had a week in New York planned but that was cancelled as it was for next week.

Hopefully people aren’t too screwed by this.

Dave!
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

Gwaredd wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:50 pm Duinrell in the Netherlands early April. Looking very doubtful, but will remain hopeful until they close the park.
We're going there for the first time in June. Hopefully you can still go. If you are, I'll ask how it went and for any tips of that's ok?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Gran Canaria for the last week of July, 1st week of August.

Unless the situation changes significantly (and all reports suggest that it won't) I can't see us going.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

KevH18 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:09 am
Gwaredd wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:50 pm Duinrell in the Netherlands early April. Looking very doubtful, but will remain hopeful until they close the park.
We're going there for the first time in June. Hopefully you can still go. If you are, I'll ask how it went and for any tips of that's ok?
We've been before & it's ace. Unfortunately, all the pools & rides are closed until the 6th of April - the day we come home, so that's our holiday borked. Will hopefully be able to re-schedule the dates, but I imagine it's going to be very busy when all this dies down.

Trying to contact the insurance Co. but the phone are too busy. I imagine this virus will take a few insurance companies down at this rate.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:36 am Gutted about my Santa Pod tickets in may, I’m holding out hope but it’s not looking likely.
Same.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Gwaredd wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:59 am
KevH18 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:09 am
We've been before & it's ace. Unfortunately, all the pools & rides are closed until the 6th of April - the day we come home, so that's our holiday borked. Will hopefully be able to re-schedule the dates, but I imagine it's going to be very busy when all this dies down.

Trying to contact the insurance Co. but the phone are too busy. I imagine this virus will take a few insurance companies down at this rate.
That looks awesome for the kids.i can see myself taking the caravan there in the summer 😎