Local politics

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Local politics

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:49 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:21 pm
dinny_g wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:54 pm

Seriously??? :shock:

I’ll cut my fucking hedge when I’m good and ready and if you don’t like it, well, go fuck yourself...
Until highways do it for you and send you the bill...;)
At my old house, one of my boundaries was a public footpath that I never saw anyone use. Someone still complained to the council when my clematis went a bit wild and the council threatened to do it at my cost. I thought about letting them...
If you like throwing money away... :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

....but on the flipside, if it annoys the neighbours....;)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Nothing stopping you parking a big fuck off caravan if you really want to annoy them. That said apparently new builds here are approaching nannying levels of American HOAs so you can’t even take a dump in privacy.
How about not having a sig at all?
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

As Deputy Chair of my local Community Council may I just say, you are mostly correct and also all dicks! :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:38 am Nothing stopping you parking a big fuck off caravan if you really want to annoy them.
I can't remember if it's my current house or the previous one, but one of them has a covenant about not parking a caravan on the drive.

Actually enforcing a covenant is a different matter.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:51 am
Mito Man wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:38 am Nothing stopping you parking a big fuck off caravan if you really want to annoy them.
I can't remember if it's my current house or the previous one, but one of them has a covenant about not parking a caravan on the drive.

Actually enforcing a covenant is a different matter.
I’ve lived in a place like that, unsurprisingly the local farmers charged an absolute fortune to store caravans.

My current place has a no brewing covenant on it, plus we’ve had to take out chancel insurance which appeared to be well worth the tenner or so when I looked into it.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace