Mardy teenagers

NotoriousREV

Re: Mardy teenagers

Post by NotoriousREV »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:32 am
V8Granite wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:39 pm He is far too clever for his age
90% of people's kids are above average intelligence. :D
With our kids, we reckon our eldest is “brand new” because he has no common sense or independence whatsoever (even as a baby he demanded constant attention) whereas the youngest is on his second time around at least because he’s very independent (he won’t let you help him at all until he’s well and truly given up) and just “gets” stuff easily. Both clever kids, but in very different ways.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

My wee girl is coming up 12 and goes to High School this year. She still gets on with her wee bro and is keen on doing her best at everything and thinks boys smell.

She does go from my baby girl to being a scornful of everything wee bollocks at the drop of a hat though and can burst in to tears at nothing (nothing as perceived by the rest of us usually, not just me).

I went in to kiss her goodnight and out of nowhere she was crying as I"you spend ages reading stories to Bendy and doing his dream" She has been reading her own books for years and was really independent and it really took me aback. I read her The Tinder Box which is in a book of HCA tales that I loved as kid. they are pretty dark.

I think she was such a Daddy;s girl when she was a tiny that sometimes growing up is just scary and although I cannot fathom her light switch mood changes or fully understand why something makes her sad I try an remember that if it is important to her I should at least sympathise, even if I struggle to empathise.

My wee boy on the other hand, loves Star Wars, farting and super heroes and lego.

TL:DR daughters seem to be more complicated than boys and I am not looking forward to the next ten years as much as I have enjoyed the last nearly 12.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:32 am
V8Granite wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:39 pm He is far too clever for his age
90% of people's kids are above average intelligence. :D
It has started making me look at the postman a bit more closely s I can’t figure the brains part out :P

Dave!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Slightly related, my daughter (two on Monday) proved she's mine for sure the other night. Had done bedtime and settled down on the sofa to relax. Half an hour or so after I thought she was asleep her clear child's voice could be heard throughout the house "far, I farted!". Definitely mine. :D
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Simon

Post by Simon »

One of my favourite clips of my boy (nearly 5 months old) is just a 6 second clip of him lying on our bed, looking up at the camera and slightly wriggling and mew'ing. 5 seconds in he lets out this perfect ricochet fart and then gives this wry little smile of pure satisfaction and glee. :D
The artist formerly known as _Who_
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:03 am I think if I had a daughter I’d be far too molly coddling and eventually they would turn on me and I’d have to fight the urge to kill anyone who touches her.

Dave!
I wish I could ready properly. Thought this said turn me on :? :? :? I'm not just trying to be funny either
Richard

Post by Richard »

Because I care about the environment, I don’t have kids
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Richard wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:30 pm Because I care about the environment, I don’t have kids
Is that your genuine reason? (I’m not preaching that everyone should want/have kids btw - just curious if the main reason is the environment).
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Richard wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:30 pm Because I care about the environment, I don’t have kids
And anyway, where would you stow them? Proper cars don't have rear seats. ;)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:32 pm
Is that your genuine reason? (I’m not preaching that everyone should want/have kids btw - just curious if the main reason is the environment).
Because I don’t care about the environment, I don’t have kids.

...Is the more logical position. No need to worry about their legacy.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

You’re all missing a trick here chaps.

Deep within your scrotums could lie the seed for change, the seed for a better future, the seed for Nobel prizes.
By not having kids you are denying the world a cure.
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:47 pm
Deep within your scrotums could lie the seed for change, the seed for a better future, the seed for Nobel prizes.
My dirty sock drawer must, statistically, have cost us a cure for cancer a dozen times over.

Wait, did I say that out loud?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:47 pm You’re all missing a trick here chaps.

By not having kids you are denying the world a cure.

How dare you!
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Beany wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:01 pm
My dirty sock drawer must, statistically, have cost us a cure for cancer a dozen times over.

Why The FUCK do keep a drawer full of cumsocks?

Some sort of cumsock-mache avant-garde sculpture?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I hope he uses those anti bacterial bamboo socks :geek:
Beany

Post by Beany »

RobYob wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:24 am
Beany wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:01 pm

Why The FUCK do keep a drawer full of cumsocks?

Some sort of cumsock-mache avant-garde sculpture?
I'd never thought of that.

I mean, give it overnight and it's like plaster of fucking paris, innit.

.....just me?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:26 am I hope he uses those anti bacterial bamboo socks :geek:
A bamboocumsock sculpture would probably end up in the fucking Tate if Beany could be pansexualised for a while.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

What the fuck are you two going on about?!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ask [mention]mik[/mention] to clarify his bamboo sock escapades.
mik

Post by mik »

I showed this thread to them - they are now hiding in the washing machine, trembling, begging me to keep the beanyman away.