Bat soup/Wuhan

dinny_g

Re: Bat soup/Wuhan

Post by dinny_g »

evostick wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:23 pm Funny how you can be so close and yet so different.
But we are both European so therefore exactly the fucking same...apparently... :roll:

Don’t forget this [Remainer]European Identity[/Remainer] Bollix
Last edited by dinny_g on Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
evostick

Post by evostick »

I pay tax therefore I am.

Still surprises me what a big deal it is to both sides of the argument tbh.

It's only supposed to be a trading block ffs, not a parallel universe.

The question is, now that the division exists, what's the argument that's going to replace it?

Scottish Independence?

The BBC?

The Monarchy? (fingers crossed)

We need something to focus all the collective hatred on. Although banning Katy Hopkins from twitter will help there a bit I'm sure.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Indeed - if you’re going to hate, hate positively...

Can we argue about what a Supercar is ? I liked that one :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
evostick

Post by evostick »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:30 pm Indeed - if you’re going to hate, hate positively...
Some people need to learn to tolerate different opinions and respect democracy I guess :lol:

Everything else is indistinguishable from fascism.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

:lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I’ve eaten Sheep brains in Pakistan, it was popped back in a skull and on the same table was a sheep head and I got to eat the cheek. Very nice cheek meat, the brain was a bland mush I didn’t enjoy.

I’ve eaten some odd brown meat in Japan but couldn’t say what it was. The texture was like scallops made of beef.

China I ate some stuff which I’m sure was insects, it was like crunchy seaweed but much denser, I didn’t eat any more.

My weirdest though was Green Monkey in Cabinda, at a choc bar on a long drive, she kept joking it was monkey as we went there every fortnight on a drive we had to do and then one day she brought out a leg, we didn’t stop there after that!!

Dave!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:46 pm I’ve eaten Sheep brains in Pakistan, it was popped back in a skull and on the same table was a sheep head and I got to eat the cheek. Very nice cheek meat, the brain was a bland mush I didn’t enjoy.

I’ve eaten some odd brown meat in Japan but couldn’t say what it was. The texture was like scallops made of beef.

China I ate some stuff which I’m sure was insects, it was like crunchy seaweed but much denser, I didn’t eat any more.

My weirdest though was Green Monkey in Cabinda, at a choc bar on a long drive, she kept joking it was monkey as we went there every fortnight on a drive we had to do and then one day she brought out a leg, we didn’t stop there after that!!

Dave!
Jesus Christ Dave you're a liability, you're one Lima away from bringing the next Ebola back to the UK 😳
Last edited by Carlos on Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Cheek meat is always lovely.

Had whole Sea Bass on Le Mont St Michel and the two little cheeks were awesome explosions of taste!!!

Mmmmmmm...
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Bet you love getting some cheek in your mouth Dinny.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I had a rather expensive lunch with a client at the Grand Hyatt in Taipei. We went to a traditional restaurant upstairs and it was an experience all right. The highlight was marinated jellyfish. Not something I'd care to repeat.

I had a couple of days and nights of being wined and dined, all at traditional Chinese places. The last guy on the trip was a life saver. He took me to a silver service American restaurant and I had roast rack of beef, mash, creamed corn and gravy. Never been so food happy!!!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:40 pm Bet you love getting some cheek in your mouth Dinny.
Guilty!!! :lol:
evostick

Post by evostick »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:46 pm

Dave!
Fucking hell.

Simon

Post by Simon »

I don't know why I keep reading this thread.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Fvcks sake Dave! :lol:

I've had snails (fvcking minging) in Belgium.

Tripe in Spain - that was an accident. I reckon it was deliberately mistranslated in English. When it turned up it looked a bit suspect but was caked in spices and tomato sauce. I checked the menu for the French and German translations and then twigged what it was. In for a penny though. The wife asked what it was like once I'd got halfway through. I think I said "if you can imagine what something might taste like if it's had shit passing through it for years, a bit like that. And rubbery."

Had Andouillette in France as well. That was alright actually - but it was a thinner sausage and had been barbecued.

Octopus carpaccio in Lisbon. That was lovely. I was utterly shitfaced on Caipirinhas at the time though
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:54 pm Octopus carpaccio in Lisbon.
I had that in Italy - it was truly horrific... :o also, forgot I had horse (Cavalla), also in Italy. It wasn’t great.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Was it like chewing a Michelin tyre? :lol:
Can we add salt cod to this just because it’s so shit? When I went to Portugal all the feckers kept banging on about it. I don’t know what I was expecting but it’s literally a whole cod baked in a mountain of salt. WHY?!
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

The Octopus - hell yeah. Awful stuff
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Not mine no. I was obliterated though so who knows really.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

It’s not so bad, if you have ever had dysentery you have eaten human pooh, which makes a lot of stuff seem positively Michelin star :lol:

Never tried tripe, Flash has green tripe and I saw him chewing on what looked like a spiky stomach lining, if rather eat Bat I think!!

Dave!