Kidney stones

drcarlos

Re: Kidney stones

Post by drcarlos »

mik wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:23 pm
Mito Man wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:19 pm :shock:
Just an idea but maybe sticking your todger down an industrial vacuum could help suck them out :?
And even if it doesnt....well....worse things happen at sea eh? :idea:
Didn’t need to resort to that after taking some mild painkillers and pacing for a bit followed by some weird contortions at 2am on Saturday morning I felt a pop inside and all pain went as the last fragments of stone dropped into my bladder (an odd feeling with a grim description but hugely satisfying) which is the end of the pain as the next tube is considerably bigger (fnarr, fnarr!).
Back to mostly normal now with a bit of internal trauma to die down and sore calf’s (from all the pacing) to settle.
Did my Saturday night disco with help from my roadies setting up and packing away and off out later.
Back in on the 27th for round 3 to get the little and final one zapped, hopefully will not be half as bad and then I’m clear.
I need to drink more water and less black tea now to stop them forming.
evostick

Post by evostick »

Glad to hear there's progress mate.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Sounds like a nightmare :( At least things are getting better.

Why is black tea a problem specifically? I'd have thought that was fairly "clean" drinking (relative to other crap people tend to drink)
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Matty wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:49 am Sounds like a nightmare :( At least things are getting better.

Why is black tea a problem specifically? I'd have thought that was fairly "clean" drinking (relative to other crap people tend to drink)
Tea Contains calcium oxalate which the calcium in milk binds to in white tea allowing it to be expelled easily, non bound calcium oxalate in black tea is hard to expel and forms into stones, I think about 70% of all kidney stones are calcium oxalate ones. Lactose intolerant so I have to drink black tea and coffee.
evostick

Post by evostick »

Try drinking rough cider. That'll dissolve pretty much anything.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That’s put me right off tea again, never used to drink it until last year so I’ll stop that again.
How about not having a sig at all?