Kidney stones

Explosive Newt

Re: Kidney stones

Post by Explosive Newt »

drcarlos wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:14 am Surgeon came to see me, stone is too big to pass and is stuck. They will open me up tomorrow and laser it. Now on nil by mouth. At least I have a private room though.
Open you up... actually probably they will pass an extremely long rod up through your willy, into the bladder and up the ureter to where the stone is.... depending on extactly where it is of course. Thought I would tell you this information now :lol:
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:14 pm
Mito Man wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:30 am I thought it’s due to not fully emptying your bladder or summat :lol:
It’s salts and other substances forming in your kidneys. It’s fuck all to do with not emptying your bladder.
Bladder stones can form when the bladder empties incompletely. Kidney stones you're right form because of salts and will form faster when you're passing concentrated urine (i.e. are dehydrated) and a better flow will help wash them out of the kidney before they can do any harm.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Explosive Newt wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:53 pm
drcarlos wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:14 am Surgeon came to see me, stone is too big to pass and is stuck. They will open me up tomorrow and laser it. Now on nil by mouth. At least I have a private room though.
Open you up... actually probably they will pass an extremely long rod up through your willy, into the bladder and up the ureter to where the stone is.... depending on extactly where it is of course. Thought I would tell you this information now :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
How about not having a sig at all?
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

It was for a stent procedure in case they needed to drain my kidney due to infection. I’m getting some strong painkillers delivered by an interesting method and have an appointment for ultrasound on Monday if I don’t pass it before then, the consultant rates passing as a 50/50 shot with the stone size. So no work for me just going home for Netflix and drugs until it either goes or I get ultrasounded.
I’d rather be at work I think.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

drcarlos wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:49 pm It was for a stent procedure in case they needed to drain my kidney due to infection. I’m getting some strong painkillers delivered by an interesting method and have an appointment for ultrasound on Monday if I don’t pass it before then, the consultant rates passing as a 50/50 shot with the stone size. So no work for me just going home for Netflix and drugs until it either goes or I get ultrasounded.
I’d rather be at work I think.
Netflix n Nifedipine! Hopefully it passes and you do a gravel wee soon.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Sounds horrible.

Hope you get treated quickly and have a speedy recovery
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Been home for the past couple of days, generally sleeping better but it’s really up and down pain wise, goes from sod all for a couple of hours to agony and no knowing where to put yourself via mild discomfort. Mostly handled by brufen and paracetamol, but I can’t sit or stand for very long due to the pressure.
I’ve knocked the codiene on the head for the time being because even though it worked and I was resting loads the side effects of not being able to have a shit were adding to the pressure.
As it’s not moving on it’s own looks like I’ll be enduring it for the weekend, but at least my ultrasound is Monday so I should be sorted and back at work by Wednesday I hope. Only a week but not a nice one. Definitely not recommended.
Beany

Post by Beany »

£5 says you shift it, by hook or by crook, the day before any prospective surgery.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Beany wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:03 pm £5 says you shift it, by hook or by crook, the day before any prospective surgery.
Be the Monday won’t it just before I need to leave for the hospital, so I have to phone them and look like a cunt as I cancel.
Beany

Post by Beany »

drcarlos wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:17 pm
Beany wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:03 pm £5 says you shift it, by hook or by crook, the day before any prospective surgery.
Be the Monday won’t it just before I need to leave for the hospital, so I have to phone them and look like a cunt as I cancel.
Literally that, happened to a guy I follow on Patreon. Except he was an inpatient with the pain. Was due to be in surgery today, passed it last night...
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Beany wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:36 pm
drcarlos wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:17 pm
Literally that, happened to a guy I follow on Patreon. Except he was an inpatient with the pain. Was due to be in surgery today, passed it last night...
Well in that last hour or so it’s woken up and I had the worst pain since Monday. I’ve been through paracetamol and codiene which did sod all. Had to resort to the special delivery diclofenic, which is grim as fuck but seems to have got to the pain, I was literally writhing around until it kicked in, but I guess it’s on the move at least.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:(
It's a full moon tonight, a bit of extra gravitational pull might help the fecker out.
Gws.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Good luck blud. Congratulations on providing the grittiest read ever on the Evo forum. Sadly, literally.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Good luck for tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers (and my legs) crossed for you.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Had the first treatment 2 weeks ago and after a day and a half the bits came out, typically at 5 am so I was up in the middle of the night for 3 hours in pain and then I was totally fine. This Wednesday saw the second treatment on the other kidney to zap the other large stone. I think it has also dislodged the other smaller one because as of yesterday am (very early am) the pain has been pretty much constant with sections of excruciating. None of the pain killers are touching it, cost me a disco tonight, maybe another tomorrow too if it doesn’t shift and it may ruin a day out on Sunday.
I wouldn’t wish these things on anyone.
mik

Post by mik »

:(
evostick

Post by evostick »

Sounds awful GWS mate.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:( Gws.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

:shock:
Just an idea but maybe sticking your todger down an industrial vacuum could help suck them out :?
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:19 pm :shock:
Just an idea but maybe sticking your todger down an industrial vacuum could help suck them out :?
And even if it doesnt....well....worse things happen at sea eh? :idea: