Scum Twat.

DeskJockey

Re: Scum Twat.

Post by DeskJockey »

Cockwomble rear-ended my wife as she was driving back from work, then did a runner.

Guy in car behind got a couple of pictures and is happy to be a witness. The reg matches the make, model and year of car, but is SORN. About to start the crime report and insurance claim...
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Simon

Post by Simon »

How bad is the damage Alex? Is this the Galaxy?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Yes, the Galaxy. Fair whack on the back, will need new bumper, parking sensors and possibly a tailgate (or the lower panel).

EDIT: here's a picture. Needless to say wife is OK, just annoyed. Hoping there isn't further damage behind the bumper. It looks OK in terms of how it lines up with the wheel arch and it was a low speed crash.
---
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Glad everyone is ok, DJ. The police should be interested in that because it's an easy one and with the extra restrictions in place they've got a bit more time to follow up on these sort of things.

I've noticed there's been loads of scum about since the lock down because clearly they don't think it applies to them. The local police FB page pulled a load of drug dealers still trying to deal and various false plated/uninsured/stolen cars about because they're easy pickings with there being no one else on the roads :lol:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:37 pm Someone broke into the log cabin last night. They had a good rummage through everything and only emptied the wine fridge which was filled with €2 stuff from citi Europe for decoration and the odd time I use it to smoke fish.
Hopefully just an opportunistic alcoholic but wondering if they’ll return again.
So I put another bottle in last night, set it up with a new camera as one thing about thieves is that they’re stupid cunts and will return if they think they got away with it

Got an alert but waited calmly, got my dad to get the X5 which was ready and pointed at the gate (as it has tinted windows), drove to the back road which they would emerge. Got some up close pics of 3 of them but I won’t post them as I reckon 2 were underage. Trying to report to 101 and might sign up to the local Facebook group.
How about not having a sig at all?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Our insurance company confirmed that the cockwomble indeed was without insurance.
---
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:x
Simon

Post by Simon »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:56 pm Our insurance company confirmed that the cockwomble indeed was without insurance.
Which insurance? If it's Direct Line as long as you've the other drivers details then you don't use your NCB for an 'uninsured' driver claim.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Simon wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:45 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:56 pm Our insurance company confirmed that the cockwomble indeed was without insurance.
Which insurance? If it's Direct Line as long as you've the other drivers details then you don't use your NCB for an 'uninsured' driver claim.
Admiral. Don't know if they have the same policy, something to look up!
---
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:57 pm
Simon wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:45 pm
Admiral. Don't know if they have the same policy, something to look up!
Page Jobbo, he put up something useful recently about the vast majority of insurers being signed up to a scheme where if someone is hit by an uninsured driver they can claim from a pot of money the companies pay into rather than taking the customer to the cleaners.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

[mention]DeskJockey[/mention] Glad the Mrs is ok. She's got to be busy and a bit stressed at the moment so this it a total pain in the ring and you have my sympathies.

[mention]Mito Man[/mention] Put a bottle of piss in the fridge for them to nick next time.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I reopened my Facebook account and joined the local group. Got like 30 messages with the same 3 names, home addresses and parents names as they attend the local school. The warden on the group is sending all the details to the police anyway but they’re glad as it’s the first time they’re clearly caught on cctv.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:53 pm @DeskJockey Glad the Mrs is ok. She's got to be busy and a bit stressed at the moment so this it a total pain in the ring and you have my sympathies.

@Mito Man Put a bottle of piss in the fridge for them to nick next time.
Yes, glad your Mrs is ok DJ and hope it’s not too much hassle getting the car fix. Much annoyance indeed.

Mito, I was going to suggest some ‘Home Alone’ ingenuity to get them back.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Cheers all.
---
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:12 pm I reopened my Facebook account and joined the local group. Got like 30 messages with the same 3 names, home addresses and parents names as they attend the local school. The warden on the group is sending all the details to the police anyway but they’re glad as it’s the first time they’re clearly caught on cctv.
Result. Hopefully just some opportunistic kids pinching booze and a visit from plod will set them straight. Hopefully not some chavs with parents who won't give a crap and so a visit from plod will make no difference.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:43 am
Mito Man wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:12 pm I reopened my Facebook account and joined the local group. Got like 30 messages with the same 3 names, home addresses and parents names as they attend the local school. The warden on the group is sending all the details to the police anyway but they’re glad as it’s the first time they’re clearly caught on cctv.
Result. Hopefully just some opportunistic kids pinching booze and a visit from plod will set them straight. Hopefully not some chavs with parents who won't give a crap and so a visit from plod will make no difference.
2 of them are brothers and are being given a bollocking apparently. One of them has parents who don’t care and goes round with his brother (who wasn’t present yesterday) with a knife threatening young girls in the village in his spare time. Lots of private messages of stuff they’ve been reported for but nothing has happened.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

It would appear that a sound thrashing is in order.
mik

Post by mik »

Good work Mito
mik

Post by mik »

McSwede wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:09 am It would appear that a sound thrashing is in order.
:?:

McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Something along those line but with a bigger stick. 😂