Scum Twat.

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: Scum Twat.

Post by JonMad »

Thanks. I have a wifi light in the porch that normally comes on at sunset. Does this do motion alerting then, as well as when the button is pressed? (yeah, I know I could just look it up).
Left over crest; tightens.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

JonMad wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:37 pm Thanks. I have a wifi light in the porch that normally comes on at sunset. Does this do motion alerting then, as well as when the button is pressed? (yeah, I know I could just look it up).
Yes to both. Note you need to buy an annual subscription (£25 for one camera otherwise £80 for more than one) if you want it to save clips to the cloud so that you can view them later otherwise you’re limited to just notifications and live viewing. This is also handy because if some thug steals your camera you just show the clip to the police, get a reference number which you give to ring and they will send you a replacement camera for free.

Edit with regard to it also recording on motion I’m not sure if the cheaper non pro doorbell does it. I think the doorbell 1 may not (you need to check) but the doorbell 2 is the same as the pro but comes with a lithium battery as well as option to hardwire/plug in.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I was going to get one before Christmas when they were on sale, but decided not to bother after reading lots of reviews saying how slow they were, often just catching the back of people's heads as postmen walked away with their packages after assuming no one was in.
Cheers, Harry
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Just had a similar couple o' feckers around here.
The wind's got up, I heard some sort of alarm go off so looked out the window expecting (if anything) a car triggered by wobbling in the wind, or maybe a police car in the distance. No alarms I could see but a couple of hooded cunts walking down the road trying handles :evil:
I called the police, they soon had 2-3 cars and a van round :o
I hope they caught them, whatever has happened is out of my sight.

That's me on edge for the rest of the night now :roll:
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

nuttinnew wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:28 am Just had a similar couple o' feckers around here.
The wind's got up, I heard some sort of alarm go off so looked out the window expecting (if anything) a car triggered by wobbling in the wind, or maybe a police car in the distance. No alarms I could see but a couple of hooded cunts walking down the road trying handles :evil:
I called the police, they soon had 2-3 cars and a van round :o
I hope they caught them, whatever has happened is out of my sight.

That's me on edge for the rest of the night now :roll:
lol - in sunny Lewisham SE9 you assumed that every night someone would try an the car door, you always checked the handle after blipping the remote.
The local FB group is full of people that think their shitbox has had it's remote cloned and that's why the door was unlocked in the morning...
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

unzippy wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:55 am lol - in sunny Lewisham SE9 you assumed that every night someone would try an the car door, you always checked the handle after blipping the remote.
The local FB group is full of people that think their shitbox has had it's remote cloned and that's why the door was unlocked in the morning...

Growing up with cars that didn't have central locking I'm fairly stuck in that routine, though I tend not to get to the house then go back and check again these days. Scummy 'stards, that's not what the extra day was for :evil:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Going back donkeys years ago when I was a wee lad... My dad had a load of crap to take to the tip, in London. Car was parked on the side of the street so it was closer to the door and filled with black bags of rubbish. He only came in for 5 minutes to grab the next load but the side window of his Civic was smashed, door opened and 2 guys running away with the large bags in the distance :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

E-Class mirrors fold so it's pretty easy to see if you've locket it and double click on lock on the remote prevents cloning etc.

It seems like Steeling tools from Vans is the main issue near me.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Simon

Post by Simon »

I've been stewing on this for a few days, but some utter cunt nicked my Mum's purse whilst she was shopping in Waitrose on Saturday. A 'unzip the handbag, take it without you noticing' theft. She got to the counter to discover her bag open and her purse gone.

Police are being surprisingly proactive. They've gone to Waitrose asking for the CCTV tapes. My Dad went up to Waitrose on Monday to get some bits and noticed they now have a security guard walking the aisles. These two facts combined lead us to think that they have had a spate of such thefts from the store. The helpful police lady said that Waitrose is a common target as it's often filled with older, wealthier people.

It's left Mum pretty shaken, to be honest. She's not been back in there since.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:x

Good to hear the police are doing what they can.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Some sort of steel trap in the handbag and keep your purse in your pocket? That would be sad.

Utter bastards though, shakes people up.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Gran in law had similar a couple of years ago. Purse vanished while she was out shopping, they went straight to Argos and bought a massive tv ( must have kept the in with the card :roll: )

Was never quite the same after.
Cheers, Harry
scotta

Post by scotta »

Cvnt back last night.

mik

Post by mik »

Wow. Looks like an ungloved hand?
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:14 pm Wow. Looks like an ungloved hand?
Nope - Just cos its on night vision. seen colour footage from another camera.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

You've got his face? Now more than ever shop him into the police, they'll love paying him a visit.

Whilst you're off, the rest of the world is off, and this cvnt is still about, set up a motion detector on the drive and sounder in the house next to the bed and turn it on at night. You won't get many going past at the moment with all the restrictions but you will be alerted when he comes back again and that's the time to phone the old bill :D

OR, leave a note in the car saying you've seen him and you've been diagnosed with CV19 and have been driving around in the car on the day he tried the door, so he's probably got it now too :lol:

*I wouldn't go after him for fear of catching CV19.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
scotta

Post by scotta »

Orange Cola wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:33 pm You've got his face? Now more than ever shop him into the police, they'll love paying him a visit.

Whilst you're off, the rest of the world is off, and this cvnt is still about, set up a motion detector on the drive and sounder in the house next to the bed and turn it on at night. You won't get many going past at the moment with all the restrictions but you will be alerted when he comes back again and that's the time to phone the old bill :D

OR, leave a note in the car saying you've seen him and you've been diagnosed with CV19 and have been driving around in the car on the day he tried the door, so he's probably got it now too :lol:

Police have been called and footage emailed to them. Face covered with a snood so non identifiable apart from his dodgy limp.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

scotta wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:50 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:33 pm You've got his face? Now more than ever shop him into the police, they'll love paying him a visit.

Police have been called and footage emailed to them. Face covered with a snood so non identifiable apart from his dodgy limp.
Definitely need to sit there with an air rifle and rounded pellets waiting for a return visit 8-)
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Are you allowed to accidentally leave your bear trap set next to the drivers door of your car?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Someone broke into the log cabin last night. They had a good rummage through everything and only emptied the wine fridge which was filled with €2 stuff from citi Europe for decoration and the odd time I use it to smoke fish.
Hopefully just an opportunistic alcoholic but wondering if they’ll return again.