Scum Twat.

scotta

Scum Twat.

Post by scotta »

Sunday Morning...

Tried every car in the estate. Got into at least one. Thankfully ours were locked.

Police called. They took footage from loads of folk yesterday.
Last edited by scotta on Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousREV

Re: Scum Twat.

Post by NotoriousREV »

We used to have a regular problem with this (we only knew because on the couple of occasions one of the cars was unlocked something would go missing) which was one of the drivers behind getting CCTV fitted a few years back. I haven't actually captured anyone attempting it since then, weirdly.

Hope they catch the fucking rat.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

At least the shit didn’t go round smashing windows.
How about not having a sig at all?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Unlike this cunt:

Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

:lol:
Tougher than a cybertruck too!
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

In the instances where the scum do get caught by the locals and dish out some proper justice without getting caught it’s bloody brilliant.

It really is a shame we now live in a society where we can’t afford enough (decent) police out there that we’ve created a vacuum whereby ‘victimless’ crimes are not investigated eg car theft. But if you’re lucky enough to catch them in the act and accidentally drop one of these little shits whilst trying to detain them you’ll end up doing the prison time because you’ve committed a crime which has a victim :roll:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Orange Cola wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:53 pm In the instances where the scum do get caught by the locals and dish out some proper justice without getting caught it’s bloody brilliant.

It really is a shame we now live in a society where we can’t afford enough (decent) police out there that we’ve created a vacuum whereby ‘victimless’ crimes are not investigated eg car theft. But if you’re lucky enough to catch them in the act and accidentally drop one of these little shits whilst trying to detain them you’ll end up doing the prison time because you’ve committed a crime which has a victim :roll:
If you feel threatened it is acceptable to make a pre-emptive strike, within appropriate force- however most of these dipshits are carry knives these days so it’s best left alone as it’s not worth getting stabbed over
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Orange Cola wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:53 pm In the instances where the scum do get caught by the locals and dish out some proper justice without getting caught it’s bloody brilliant.

I think you will find we absolutely can afford more cops. I cannot be arsed typing out a long detailed reply but tax cuts for rich, dodgy privatisation etc etc.

Glad your car wasn't damaged though Scott. Do you not live in the 'Pan? ;)
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

We've had people doing that here a few times but its house doors rather than cars they try.

[mention]scotta[/mention] What model of IP camera is that taken from?
Cheers,

Mike.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Ascender wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:20 am We've had people doing that here a few times but its house doors rather than cars they try.

@scotta What model of IP camera is that taken from?

Tis this one.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Gavin wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:18 am

I think you will find we absolutely can afford more cops. I cannot be arsed typing out a long detailed reply but tax cuts for rich, dodgy privatisation etc etc.

Glad your car wasn't damaged though Scott. Do you not live in the 'Pan? ;)
Is that some sort of code? I dont get it?
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Panners? Prestonpans? It was someone from Tranent or Nitten who referred to it as such so I assumed it was a local phrase for local people/
scotta

Post by scotta »

Gavin wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:57 am Panners? Prestonpans? It was someone from Tranent or Nitten who referred to it as such so I assumed it was a local phrase for local people/
Yes it is and no i dont :)
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Thanks [mention]scotta[/mention], looks really good. I've got some Hikvision cameras with an NVR but the quality is pretty poor so I'm looking to replace them.

I know they have SD cards, but reading comments it looks like you can upload footage to an FTP server, so that's fine, I can sort that out.

Can you power them with POE? My existing cameras have got cabling back to the NVR obviously, but its not clear from reading that page if I can use that or if they can only be powered from an AC source?

Other than that, I'm sold based on this review...
Camera not so good motion detect, detect every drop rain on stormy night but no detect whopping great badger trotting up road.
Cheers,

Mike.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Ascender wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:19 am Thanks @scotta, looks really good. I've got some Hikvision cameras with an NVR but the quality is pretty poor so I'm looking to replace them.

I know they have SD cards, but reading comments it looks like you can upload footage to an FTP server, so that's fine, I can sort that out.

Can you power them with POE? My existing cameras have got cabling back to the NVR obviously, but its not clear from reading that page if I can use that or if they can only be powered from an AC source?

Other than that, I'm sold based on this review...
Camera not so good motion detect, detect every drop rain on stormy night but no detect whopping great badger trotting up road.
They dont do POE so you need to run power to them. Mik has a few also for the money they are pretty decent.

When i first set it up i had it saving to my NAS but found the performance of my NAS wasn't up to it.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Hmmmm, need to have a think about it then as we have Ethernet to all the camera locations already - power would be a ball ache.

Other than that they look ideal as I could just have the SD cards sending stuff to a local ftp server which would be a piece of piss to setup.
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I stuck up a Ring doorbell for my folks over Christmas as they also have Hik cameras but the software isn’t very good in terms of alerts whereas the Ring is 100% so it lets you catch people in the act. Just got the doorbell version so we can tell delivery drivers where to drop off packages.

One further thing is that you can buy wifi smart sockets on Amazon for £8 each. This allows you to control them with a smart phone from anywhere. Connect a floodlight to it and fit over driveway. So if you’re away from home you can switch it on if you get a ring alert.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

jamcg wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:13 pm If you feel threatened it is acceptable to make a pre-emptive strike, within appropriate force- however most of these dipshits are carry knives these days so it’s best left alone as it’s not worth getting stabbed over
Is that true in the case of property ?? If you or your family feel threatened, then perhaps but I'm not sure you'd get away with battering someone who was trying to nick your car.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:47 am I stuck up a Ring doorbell for my folks over Christmas as they also have Hik cameras but the software isn’t very good in terms of alerts whereas the Ring is 100% so it lets you catch people in the act. Just got the doorbell version so we can tell delivery drivers where to drop off packages.

One further thing is that you can buy wifi smart sockets on Amazon for £8 each. This allows you to control them with a smart phone from anywhere. Connect a floodlight to it and fit over driveway. So if you’re away from home you can switch it on if you get a ring alert.
Which model is that as some reviews I read said they were really laggy so the idea of talking to someone in real time, or even being alerted in real-time that there was someone at the door, didn't actually work in reality. Be good if they do what they claim.
Left over crest; tightens.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

JonMad wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:33 pm
Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:47 am I stuck up a Ring doorbell for my folks over Christmas as they also have Hik cameras but the software isn’t very good in terms of alerts whereas the Ring is 100% so it lets you catch people in the act. Just got the doorbell version so we can tell delivery drivers where to drop off packages.

Which model is that as some reviews I read said they were really laggy so the idea of talking to someone in real time, or even being alerted in real-time that there was someone at the door, didn't actually work in reality. Be good if they do what they claim.
Ring Doorbell Pro. Haven’t had a problem with Ring cameras but they do need a good WiFi signal to work properly.
Set quite a few of the spotlight cameras in the woods to stop trespassers which worked really well as you can activate an alarm on that and send them running.
I would say avoid the battery powered models if you can as they’re always in a low energy mode so the clarity, night vision and alerts are all compromised.