NotoriousREV

Re: Death

Post by NotoriousREV »

Never.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Got to worry about these things. My mate keV in the pub, his wife died 4 weeks ago, mid 60s.

Anyway he wasn't eating or looking after himself after as it's a trauma. He died 2 days ago.

Absolutely frightening.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Sounds like worrying about it is the last thing you want to do.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

You could drop down dead today. You could live to be 116. No one knows.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

I'd always pencilled in 88 - as a result of a flaming fireball of twisted Ferrari metal in the harbour at Monaco. I may have to revise that estimate to carbon fibre though. ;)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

My parents keep on chipping away at my inheritance. They are mid 70s. Probably live longer than me 😀.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:38 pm My parents keep on chipping away at my inheritance. They are mid 70s. Probably live longer than me 😀.
Same here. Squandering my birthright 😂😂

Selfish fuckers and I'm sure they'll longer for a long time yet 😁
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

In all seriousness, I never understood people getting uppity about inheritance. I hope my parents spend everything and live their life to its best rather than saving anything for me.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Rich B wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:23 pm In all seriousness, I never understood people getting uppity about inheritance. I hope my parents spend everything and live their life to its best rather than saving anything for me.

I couldn't agree more and my parents have been instructed to do so. They want to leave the house for us but go enjoy what they've worked hard for.

(My previous post was in jest)
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

McSwede wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:33 pm
Rich B wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:23 pm In all seriousness, I never understood people getting uppity about inheritance. I hope my parents spend everything and live their life to its best rather than saving anything for me.

I couldn't agree more and my parents have been instructed to do so. They want to leave the house for us but go enjoy what they've worked hard for.

(My previous post was in jest)
yep, I got your tone! 😃
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Me too - I just can’t convince my Dad of that.

He has a Mortgage Free house worth near a million Euros which is used 15 or 20 days a year (the old Family home) which he won’t sell but is constantly worrying about money.

His 18 year old Mazda’s just died and he’s thinking about bank loans to get another shitbox... :roll:
Last edited by dinny_g on Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:39 pmNever.
No one lives forever. No one. But with advances in modern science, and your high level of income, I mean, it's not crazy to think you can't live to be 245, maybe 300.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:11 pm

He has a Mortgage Free house worth near a million Euros which is used 15 or 20 days a year (the old Family home) which he won’t sell but is constantly worrying about money.

His 18 year old Mazda’s just died and he’s thinking about bank loans to get another shitbox... :roll:
My wife's Grandfather is like that. Lots of money but lives like old man Steptoe. Tight as fook. People are strange!!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Both my parents have remarried and either have kids with their new spouse or step-kids. My mum keeps saying that when she and her husband die, they’ll split the estate 5 ways (ie between all her kids, 3 of which are with her “new” husband). That’s the house my 3 younger siblings grew up in. It’s their family home, it’s fuck all to do with me. I don’t want it, I’d feel I was taking it off them.

On the other hand, if my dad does before my step-mum, I’m 100% convinced she’ll leave everything to her daughter and zero to me and my sister, which pisses me off.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

McSwede wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:22 pm
dinny_g wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:11 pm

My wife's Grandfather is like that. Lots of money but lives like old man Steptoe. Tight as fook. People are strange!!

It’s more that he had loads of unused but liquid assets and no money...

Grand kids all over the world but “can’t afford to visit them”...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:11 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:39 pmNever.
No one lives forever. No one. But with advances in modern science, and your high level of income, I mean, it's not crazy to think you can't live to be 245, maybe 300.
shake and bake!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I’m amazed I got this far, every day is a bonus at this point :lol:
An absolute unit
Barry

Post by Barry »

I worry more about how I'll pay for my latter years than actually reaching them :lol:

Friend of mine dropped dead of a brain bleed late last year, no warning for his wife, she came home to find him face down in the kitchen. Guy was about 50 and quite fit.

Plan for a future by all means, but enjoy now IMO. I'm making efforts to eat more sensibly, and doing small amounts to improve my strength so I can hopefully still do stuff as I get older. My parents are late 60s/mid 70s and still go skiing, I'd like to hope I'll be able to do similar when/if I reach their age.

As for inheritance, that's what's paying for my parents frequent holidays I suspect. I'm glad my folks are able to enjoy the fruits of their labours more than wondering if I get anything out of it.