Fireworks.

Simon

Fireworks.

Post by Simon »

Oh just fuck off. It's a residential area at 1:45am you fucking melts.

Ban the sale of them to the public. They've proved they can't be trusted.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
duncs500

Re: Fireworks.

Post by duncs500 »

Simon wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:47 am Oh just fuck off. It's a residential area at 1:45am you fucking melts.

:lol:
mik

Post by mik »

The dog that we’ve had since a pup doesn’t give a monkeys about FW.

The rescue dug was cowered under a jacket shitting herself. No idea what happened to her previously, but she feckin hates them. Which makes me feel similar.

Hated them when the sprogules were tiny too. Selfish bastards.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Don't slip to their level;
Simon wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:47 am melts.

Some people down the road had some nice fireworks. Pretty for the ooh and aahs, maybe small pops and crackles, but no artillery grade booms.

Random link; my metalwork tutor did the fireworks at Charles and Diana's wedding. We had a completely off topic double period when he brought in the main control panel and talked about it.
Simon

Post by Simon »

nuttinnew wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:21 am
Some people down the road had some nice fireworks. Pretty for the ooh and aahs, maybe small pops and crackles, but no artillery grade booms.
I think this is the point isn't it. No-one minds the pretty fizzlers etc that light up the sky in a nice way. It's the booms that you hear in your stomach that are completely inappropriate for the public as they go off at 100ft near houses at a stupid time of night, and they're a nightmare for babies and pets. The cat was going mental when we got in a few hours ago, and I could see my baby flinching all the time with the bangs. They're rarely bought by responsible people using them in a considerate way.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Simon wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:47 am Oh just fuck off. It's a residential area at 1:45am you fucking melts.

I quite agree. We have a firework wholesaler on the industrial estate near our village and it would seem that they'd sold a lot of mahoosive airbombs for last night. Various cunts in the village were letting them of between 12-1am meaning my JRT was going berserk. Selfish twats, the lot of them.

Don't know why relatively normal people deem it appropriate to recreate the blitz at that time of night. Lots more appropriate fireworks are available.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Ban sale to the public. Simple!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

We were sat in the hot tub watching all the fireworks go off around us at midnight. It was awesome. The cats weren’t impressed but they all snuggled up together in the “cupboard under the stairs”.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

It’s a competition of who can buy the biggest fireworks, my neighbours used to get in on it every year and make a fuss about who’s managed to get the biggest one. I used to live in a smaller village than what I do now so we all got together as neighbours and enjoyed the fireworks and bonfires in one hit. We were all part of young families back then so it happened at a sensible time, once, and that was that, but we at least got to enjoy the massive ones going off whilst stood in some farmers field or something out the way.

A friend of mine who lives in Sutton Coldfield says it’s like living in Syria for 3 weeks around the time of bonfire night and it’s boring after the first few hours and completely inconsiderate when they’re still going off at 2am three weeks later. The ‘locals’ don’t see an issue with it though.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

We had people setting fireworks off from about 7pm onwards. Clearly not understanding when the new year starts :roll:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:09 pm We had people setting fireworks off from about 7pm onwards. Clearly not understanding when the new year starts :roll:
7pm sounds like quite a considerate time to be setting off fireworks. Early enough for young kids to enjoy them and not wake anyone who’s gone to bed.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I went to a friend's 40th in the sleepy village of Chesterton near Bicester. August time, Sunday 10am let the biggest loudest rocket off you can imagine.

I wasn't popular.

Was funny tho 😀😀
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Rich B wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:20 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:09 pm We had people setting fireworks off from about 7pm onwards. Clearly not understanding when the new year starts :roll:
7pm sounds like quite a considerate time to be setting off fireworks. Early enough for young kids to enjoy them and not wake anyone who’s gone to bed.
Correct answer 👍👍
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:20 pm
We’d promised our 9 year old that if he got woken up by the fireworks he could come and watch them in the hot tub with us. At 11:50 someone set off one of Barnes-Wallis’ Tall Boys which woke him up.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:21 am Ban the simple members of the public!
I agree with my Viking friend.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Richard

Post by Richard »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:39 am We were sat in the ***hot tub*** watching all the fireworks go off around us at midnight. It was awesome. The cats weren’t impressed but they all snuggled up together in the “cupboard under the stairs”.
A new low
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Richard wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:18 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:39 am We were sat in the ***hot tub*** watching all the fireworks go off around us at midnight. It was awesome. The cats weren’t impressed but they all snuggled up together in the “cupboard under the stairs”.
A new low
If you don’t own a filthy sex pond, can you even call it living?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:42 am
Richard wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:18 am
A new low
If you don’t own a filthy sex pond, can you even call it living?
Why would I own one when I can just pop over the pennines when you're on holiday and use yours?

I mean, er, absolutely.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

That’s why we always fill it with chlamydia before we go.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:49 am That’s why we always fill it with chlamydia before we go.
OEM spec