Broccers

Give receive ratio at Christmas

Post by Broccers »

Discuss. Love my Happy Socks in case my family are tuning in 😂😂😂🍻🍻🍻
dinny_g

Re: Give receive ratio at Christmas

Post by dinny_g »

Usual... 1 to 100 :(
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
scotta

Post by scotta »

Miserable cunts. I got next to fuck all. Mrs A made me go buy a screwdriver set from Halfords so the boys had something to give me. All of this was absolutely fine by me.

The boys got some good stuff that they wanted and I bought a canvas print of our old dog for the lounge. Everyone was happy so all good.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I get more pleasure out of giving - I just buy what I want all year anyway and receiving mainly involves stuff I don’t need or food and drink.

My wife is pretty good at choosing gifts for me, though; annoyingly that means I can’t sit on the sofa in my study because it’s full of them 😄
mik

Post by mik »

This thread is about sex yeah? :?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Actually did quite well this year, probably the best year for getting 'stuff' that I can remember since being a child.

In/ out spend was about equal, helped by a stepdaughter who works full time so now buys for us and her brother.

I had purposely not been buying stuff I normally would have so I could use it as gift suggestions to save on the amount of unwanted tat.

No pants / socks at all this year, hopefully supplies will last until next year :lol:
Cheers, Harry
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:10 pm I get more pleasure out of giving - I just buy what I want all year anyway and receiving mainly involves stuff I don’t need or food and drink.
This pretty much sums things up. 👍👍
scotta

Post by scotta »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:10 pm I get more pleasure out of giving - I just buy what I want all year anyway and receiving mainly involves stuff I don’t need or food and drink.

My wife is pretty good at choosing gifts for me, though; annoyingly that means I can’t sit on the sofa in my study because it’s full of them 😄
Yep that bit.
Simon

Post by Simon »

We agreed not to do 'adult presents' amongst the family this year, but still buy the kids things as normal. That worked out fine, but I still managed to sneak choccies and wine to my folks, uncle and brother etc.

The wife and I exempted ourselves from this rule, so I bought her a mirrorless Canon camera (she wanted 'better than an iPhone 11, but not a full DSLR'). She got me a Hotel Chocolate Velvetiser after I told her about a colleague buying one and loving it. Also she got me hot chocolate sachet sets for the same, some nice mugs and finally, of course, underwear.

Pretty pleased with that lot myself to be honest. I much prefer to give, especially when that person tells me the kind of present they want. Delighted with the Velvetiser though, even if I did guess what it was about 4 weeks ago...
Last edited by Simon on Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

We didn’t do presents this year.

We’re taking part in a secret Santa with some friends where you have to make something but that’s it.
An absolute unit
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

scotta wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:06 pm a canvas print of our old dog for the lounge

8-)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:21 am
scotta wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:06 pm a canvas print of our old dog for the lounge

8-)
Can be a depressing time for that.

My nephew got a lemans scalectrix which was quite fun. But on the whole the kids are given shit tons of stuff but find more enjoyment out of empty cardboard boxes they can hide in.
evostick

Post by evostick »

I only really bought one gift this year. A steam engine for my 7 year old lad. We are both enjoying it very much :lol:

Chucked some money at the older kids so they can spend it on drugs and trainers. Wine and whisky for a couple of close friends. Other than that, nowt.

People are wise to me now though and I get given naff all. This I don't mind at all. It's such a load of nonsense really.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I got fourteen pairs of socks. Seriously. And that’s good because I was down to about three pairs that weren’t a total disgrace :lol:

But otherwise the same as others - I tend to buy stuff when I want it during the year. My wife had to confiscate some tools back in November so that relatives would have something to give me.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Gave more than I received, mainly small Lego sets to kids. One odd one is that an old friend of mine was quite the care free party animal but she has become a devout Christian so I get loads of things like fridge magnets and mugs with quotes from the bible, bottles of holy water etc.
How about not having a sig at all?
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Got lots of much-needed running gear and some essential post-run refreshment (tequila), so I can't complain. Oh and a proper expensive sheepskin rug for the bedroom as the parental unit must have been feeling guilty about spending a lot of lolly upgrading their caravan.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Got fuck all, gave fuck all 8-)
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Beany wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:28 pm Got fuck all, gave fuck all 8-)
Result. I'm working my way towards this.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:59 pm
Beany wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:28 pm Got fuck all, gave fuck all 8-)
Result. I'm working my way towards this.
What, being as miserable as Beany?
scotta

Post by scotta »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:21 am

8-)