Toilet definition

Beany

Re: Toilet definition

Post by Beany »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:19 pm I’ve been sharing the highlights in a group chat with some other opinionated queer types and they agree it’s a train wreck.

Been some good entertainment though :lol:.
I've refrained, because it's a bit like showing someone colour a white supremacist forum - they really don't need to be reminded that these people walk among them when they already get this sort of shit, to their face, on a daily basis.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Nah I get that, it doesn’t make me mad because the really dumb shit that people round here say reminds me of children who’ve just learned to swear and are screaming for attention. It would probably be more offensive if there was any originality to it.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

It's kinda sad, isn't it?
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Ten pages. Excellent work, men 8-)
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:59 pm Sex literally only refers to the genitals you’re born with, gender is how your personal identity relates to being male or female.

The interchangeability of the terms is because sex has been used to describe both in the past.
Teaching me to suck eggs a bit there Zed (gipping in the current context :lol: )

My point was more it seems like we've reached a point where the difference needs legally enshrining in some way.
Simon

Post by Simon »

240PP wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:20 pm Ten pages. Excellent work, men 8-)
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

evostick wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:35 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:39 pm It’s almost unbelievable that a group of white, middle-aged, right-leaning, straight cis men have failed to resolve this debate. :lol:
I'm a middle-aged, male homo sapien.

Other than that you can stick your labels and your divisive identity politics up your fucking arse.

There is no debate to be resolved.
You’re a homo, you say?
evostick

Post by evostick »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:18 pm
evostick wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:35 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:39 pm It’s almost unbelievable that a group of white, middle-aged, right-leaning, straight cis men have failed to resolve this debate. :lol:
I'm a middle-aged, male homo sapien.

Other than that you can stick your labels and your divisive identity politics up your fucking arse.

There is no debate to be resolved.
You’re a homo, you say?
Apologies Jobbo, I meant Homo not homo.

Sorry to disappoint.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

So JK Rowling is a TERF apparently?
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:51 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:59 pm Sex literally only refers to the genitals you’re born with, gender is how your personal identity relates to being male or female.

The interchangeability of the terms is because sex has been used to describe both in the past.
Teaching me to suck eggs a bit there Zed (gipping in the current context :lol: )

My point was more it seems like we've reached a point where the difference needs legally enshrining in some way.
Eh I don’t know, I think it’s largely a semantic argument and the gender recognition act already states a difference between birth sex and assumed gender.

I don’t think I would trust the current government with any laws that would affect the lives of LGBT+ people.
An absolute unit
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

PaulJ wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:58 pm
Rich B wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:36 am
ZedLeg wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:47 amOk boomers
in all seriousness - I’m not a Boomer or a millennial (neither are you?), but do you actually think 70 genders are actually required Or is it people just trying to get attention?
I find it unacceptable that no-one ever thinks to include the MGBGTs. :(
Awesome!!😂😂
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Beany wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:28 pm The court basically said that being a prick to trans people on a subject they're obviously rather sensitive about isn't something you should expect to get away with in polite society.
He concluded: “If a person has transitioned from male to female and has a Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC), that person is legally a woman. That is not something Ms Forstater is entitled to ignore. Ms Forstater’s position is that even if a trans woman has a GRC, she cannot honestly describe herself as a woman. That belief is not worthy of respect in a democratic society.

“Even paying due regard to the qualified right to freedom of expression, people cannot expect to be protected if their core belief involves violating others’ dignity and creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating, or offensive environment for them.”
Basically, as trans (and other LGBTQetc) have historically been systematically abused, ignored, dehumanised and treated like shit and have only in the last couple of decades been deemed 'acceptable' by most in society (much alike homosexuality up until the 70s and even later), the judge concluded that the protection of their rights of identity are more important than the rights of someone to state that they are Unpersons etc without recourse, as that would be the result of a judgement the other way.

Looking at this thread, I can't imagine why that would be :lol:
I read it as a whole load more subtle than that. She stated that someone cannot change their biological sex in science, but they could change their gender in law. She wrote that although they could be called a man/woman in law they would always be genetically a man/woman as you cannot change their chromosomes. She was fired for saying this and lost the tribunal on this basis.jk Rowling agreed with this statement. I express no opinion either way but find it interesting in this case the animal is eating one of its own (the twitter mob).
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

drcarlos wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:55 am I express no opinion either way but find it interesting in this case the animal is eating one of its own (the twitter mob).
What?

The people who’ve been calling out her shit for years are still calling out her shit and the terfs are circling the wagons round her.

Same as ever, the only difference this time is that it made the news cycle.
An absolute unit
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Ten pages and this will clearly run for another ten.

As a white, middle aged, cis male from one of the top ten global economies (at thyme of writing, your country may go down the toilet as soon as it figures out which one to go in), my opinion is obviously very important and should be heard by everyone.

Can we not just have gender and sex mean different things. You might identify as a man but checking your prostate isn't going to help if you've not got one. Can we have gender being what you chose to be (LGBTIQITADTIUTABBCRACGTFO++/=) and sex being what your body was "assigned at birth"?

No? How about we not give a fuck about people's private lives and just use my house rule: Don't be a dick to anyone unless they explicitly ask.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:52 am How about we not give a fuck about people's private lives and just use my house rule: Don't be a dick to anyone unless they explicitly ask.
Absolutely this.

The only thing I really have a strong opinion on is keeping sport fair. Hormones/gender/birth sex etc obviously play a big part in sporting capability and so being allowed to gain an advantage through altering that is not fair on the other competitors.

Be free to be whoever you want to be, but not at the expense of others. That's the way I look at it.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

duncs500 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:16 pm
Jimmy Choo wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:52 am How about we not give a fuck about people's private lives and just use my house rule: Don't be a dick to anyone unless they explicitly ask.
Absolutely this.

The only thing I really have a strong opinion on is keeping sport fair. Hormones/gender/birth sex etc obviously play a big part in sporting capability and so being allowed to gain an advantage through altering that is not fair on the other competitors.

Be free to be whoever you want to be, but not at the expense of others. That's the way I look at it.
Does playing sport as a man/woman/kumquat make you a dick? If the answer is yes, you're a dick. Stop it. I seem to remember being told about one man who delayed transitioning until the end of their sporting career. They're not a dick.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:47 pm
duncs500 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:16 pm
Absolutely this.

Does playing sport as a man/woman/kumquat make you a dick? If the answer is yes, you're a dick. Stop it. I seem to remember being told about one man who delayed transitioning until the end of their sporting career. They're not a dick.
Agreed.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

See I agree wholeheartedly with the last few posts (JCs onwards) , but I think I’ll still be told I’m wrong.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Rich B wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:30 pm See I agree wholeheartedly with the last few posts (JCs onwards) , but I think I’ll still be told I’m wrong.
Likewise and probably.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Eh, I’ve said everything I’m going to say on this. No point in banging my head against a wall when there’s such an apparent fundamental difference in my point of view and everyone else’s.

I’ll go back to my echo chamber and you can enjoy yours :lol:.
An absolute unit