Toilet definition

Broccers

Toilet definition

Post by Broccers »

Old school. Men's. Ladies. Disabled.

Modern day. Toilets with urinals and cubicals. Toilets with cubicals.

Wtf is that all about.

This gender neutral crap gets worse.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: Toilet definition

Post by Ascender »

I feel your pain.

I had to google this yesterday after some people I know were using it on social media and its blown my mind.
Cisgender (sometimes cissexual, often abbreviated to simply cis) is a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were assigned at birth. For example, someone who identifies as a woman and was assigned female at birth is a cisgender woman. The term cisgender is the opposite of the word transgender.[
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Frightening.

We're in Leigh today Mike so it's all around you 👍
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That’s left me more confused than before.
So most people are cisgender or am I missing something?
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I tried finding out what all the lgbtq+ definitions meant and never got a straight answer.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Obviously as a middle-aged, white, straight man I'm far too scared to actually ask anybody about it on social media for fear of being lynched. But no matter how many times I read it, I'm not sure why we need it?
Cheers,

Mike.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

You know it's from latin, right? It's just a technical term, like heterosexual. No one's going to force you to wear a skirt just for reading it :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

Well, 'cis' is. Cis-gender is a more modern mash up (gender is middle english from french) and has only been around c.20 years.

Only being pedantic as it not a pure latin term like hetero-sexual (and you don't tend to mix and match, for example you don't say hemi-circle or semi-sphere which would be a latin greek mash up).

You can debate as to whether it is 'needed' or not. The reality is its use is generally restricted to those who subscribe to a identity politics woke worldview where everyone has to have a designation and like to show solidarity with trans people by putting 'cis' in their twitter bio to ensure everyone is very aware that they are a trans-ally (along with your preferred pronouns - just for the avoidance of doubt). Altogether, 10 more woke points that just having the LGBT pride flag.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I'm all for supporting and acknowledging how people want to identify but this is just utter bollocks. This sort of nonsense is getting right on my tits.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I'm all for supporting and acknowledging how people want to identify but this is a bit over the top. This sort of nonsense doesn't affect my life or bother me in anyway though.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Well I’m confused. But I don’t really give a shit.
mik

Post by mik »

Cisgender (sometimes cissexual, often abbreviated to simply cis) is a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were assigned at birth. For example, someone who identifies as a woman and was assigned female at birth is a cisgender woman. The term cisgender is the opposite of the word transgender.
Eh? Are we saying there has been widespread gender mis-allocation by the midwifery profession? :?

Surely a more accurate (whilst accepting of others) definition would be :

Cisgaender (sometimes cissexual, often abbreviated to simply cis) is a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were at birth. For example, someone who identifies as a woman and was female at birth is a cisgender woman. The term cisgender is the opposite of the word transgender. 🤔

Incidentally - I caught most of this R4 prog a week or so back. Real shame - folks who transitioned and then decided they had done the wrong thing, and reversed. Allegedly generally then shunned by the trans community (which isn’t verified, but if true would seem pretty ironic).
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

GG. wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:04 pm Well, 'cis' is. Cis-gender is a more modern mash up (gender is middle english from french) and has only been around c.20 years.

Only being pedantic as it not a pure latin term like hetero-sexual (and you don't tend to mix and match, for example you don't say hemi-circle or semi-sphere which would be a latin greek mash up).

You can debate as to whether it is 'needed' or not. The reality is its use is generally restricted to those who subscribe to a identity politics woke worldview where everyone has to have a designation and like to show solidarity with trans people by putting 'cis' in their twitter bio to ensure everyone is very aware that they are a trans-ally (along with your preferred pronouns - just for the avoidance of doubt). Altogether, 10 more woke points that just having the LGBT pride flag.
Cis- is just the Latin opposite of trans- so as soon as someone coined transsexual, the opposite was cissexual even if it wasn’t used by anyone until the 1990s.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Wait, do I have to be aware of cis-gender or cis-sexual? And am i using the hyphens completely wrong?
GG.

Post by GG. »

To confuse you further I guess its perfectly possible to be transgender but not transsexual by way of logical extrapolation from the suggestion that gender ≠ sex?

So potentially you could be a non-transsexual/cissexual, transgender, heterosexual. Biologically male, identifies as female, attracted to women... Though clearly that last part is dependent on whether you define homosexuality as objective or subjective dependent on gender self-determination.

I suggest we enroll Broccers on a course and he can tell us all about it. :D
Last edited by GG. on Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:46 pm Wait, do I have to be aware of cis-gender or cis-sexual? And am i using the hyphens completely wrong?
Depends on how fragile your own sense of gender and/or sexuality is. I don't think most people bother to get their knickers/boxer shorts in a twist over it.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:24 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:46 pm Wait, do I have to be aware of cis-gender or cis-sexual? And am i using the hyphens completely wrong?
Depends on how fragile your own sense of gender and/or sexuality is. I don't think most people bother to get their knickers/boxer shorts in a twist over it.
Assuming you are correct is offensive to those who live this. 😄
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:24 pm Old school. Men's. Ladies. Disabled.

Modern day. Toilets with urinals and cubicals. Toilets with cubicals.

1/. Where do the disableds go , or are there now visibly and non visibly disabled toilets?
2/. If I want a poo can I use either of the modern ones?
3/. Something about Lavatoire Garnier.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:10 pm
Assuming you are correct is offensive

If group therapy has taught me anything... :cry: :roll: :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

GG. wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:04 pm Only being pedantic as it not a pure latin term like hetero-sexual
That would be greek, in fact 😄