People

NotoriousREV

Re: People

Post by NotoriousREV »

A mate of mine once put it perfectly:

“I have a small group of carefully curated close friends, made up of people who I don’t want to punch in the face and, most importantly, don’t want to punch me in the face”
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Got to laugh at some of these tales of woe. :lol:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Oh, it’s thoroughly embarrassing. I’m just waiting for the next childish panic because they’ve hung on for so long they’re going to get upset about driving back in the dark :roll:

If they say “we’ll leave you to it/get out of your way/leave you to your day” as a parting comment I’ll struggle not to say something.

Edit: if they decide to stay another night because it’s gone dark then it’ll drive them home myself. They’re retired and have lost the skill of understanding when to fuck off, and every conversation takes many time consuming tangents before concluding, so they get even more panicked about time passing by :roll:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

This is too funny :lol: :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Think of how quiet it's going to be when they leave next month...

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:13 pm Think of how quiet it's going to be when they leave next month...

My cat and chair are get to get smoked...
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:49 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:30 pm
jamcg wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:00 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50969168

tl:dr vegan man claims he was unfairly dismissed for being vegan- it has nothing to do with releasing confidential financial information and being sacked for gross misconduct
I read that this morning and all I could think was “what a tedious cunt”. He won’t use a bus because of “accidental insect collisions”, ffs.
I presume he never walks on Grass either ??? :roll:

Probably not, but I bet he thinks he can walk on water.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Chief bugbear with the in-laws is getting them in the house rather than out of it! Their tardiness drives me mad. Christmas Day was a good example where they specified a time they'd be there (early afternoon), I adjusted timings of Christmas Lunch to suit and they they were over 90 minutes late :evil:
Barry

Post by Barry »

GG. wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:37 pm I adjusted timings of Christmas Lunch to suit and they they were over 90 minutes late :evil:
There's your mistake, if that were me they'd be 90mins late for lunch. If they know you'll wait what incentive do they have to adjust their behaviour? ;)
Beany

Post by Beany »

GG. wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:37 pm Christmas Day was a good example where they specified a time they'd be there (early afternoon)
That's not a time, that's a timeframe. ;)
GG.

Post by GG. »

No, to be clearer they specified a set time in the early afternoon - 1.30.
Beany

Post by Beany »

GG. wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:23 pm No, to be clearer they specified a set time in the early afternoon - 1.30.
Fuck it then; if they set the time, and they're late, dinners in the oven ya tardy pricks.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

GG. wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:23 pm No, to be clearer they specified a set time in the early afternoon - 1.30.
I had this with my mum once. Her and my sister were coming for a proper Sunday dinner in the evening, I did a slow roast that took hours. They turned up late and had had a big lunch when they were out, at 2pm so weren’t even hungry. They couldn’t understand why I was pissed off.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

GG. wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:37 pm Chief bugbear with the in-laws is getting them in the house rather than out of it! Their tardiness drives me mad. Christmas Day was a good example where they specified a time they'd be there (early afternoon), I adjusted timings of Christmas Lunch to suit and they they were over 90 minutes late :evil:
If that was me their Christmas dinner would have been fish fingers and oven chips
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Can we add to this list ‘we’ll only call in/stay an hour’, an entire afternoon later...

Oh and ‘I’ll make a quick phone call to Y find out X’ which turns into full blown conversation and they’re due to see that person on an hour or so later anyway whereby they quickly run out of conversation because they spent ages on the phone discussing it all earlier :evil:
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:57 pm I did a slow roast that took hours.
Sounds like the beginnings of a decent chilli...
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »