Grumpy Old Man Thread

duncs500

Grumpy Old Man Thread

Post by duncs500 »

I don't know if it's just me, but when did people get so shite?

At work lately I feel like you need something from someone and they said they are going to do it. So it doesn't get done, you call and get no answer, leave a message and get no call back, email and get no reply. Get hold of them somehow and it's all "yeah yeah yeah, I'll get it done by tomorrow". So you go back to the beginning and repeat.

This has happened to me with several suppliers over the course of a few days. Do you not want our fucking money!? We're talking about multi-million pound orders in one case.

In general I just feel like people are so much less reliable than they used to be. Maybe I'm just getting old. :cry:
Brannen

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Post by Brannen »

Same experiences at my work of late. I get the impression that being the customer doesn't really matter for much! Raise all the appropriate paper work etc that suppliers want, and then just left hanging waiting for stuff to progress. Been going back and forth on getting some stuff signed off so we can order new infra, but when you chase to get an update, silence :roll:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Its the weather :D
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:33 am I don't know if it's just me, but when did people get so shite?
They always have been and always will be, the only variable is the way they show it.
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

Can I do a slightly opposite moan as well and say a younger moan? Was just looking at a BBC article around most streamed artists of the decade, and for artists like Ed Sheeran who have had 2.4 billion streams for one song, just comment who? under the comments section. What world do these people live in? It's not like I'm a fan of his music, but it's hard to not be aware of it surely?!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Some people on the internet are deliberately obtuse. I know, it’s difficult to believe, right?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

Some people start to lose it as they get on Duncs. What I want to know is who the hell do they why the what isn’t? :evil: :evil:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I was laughing at the grumpy old men complaining about Billie Eilish not knowing who Van Halen are. It would be weirder if she was really into them :lol:.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:14 pm I was laughing at the grumpy old men complaining about Billie Eilish not knowing who Van Halen are. It would be weirder if she was really into them :lol:.
You don't have to be into something to be aware of it. I know of tons of acts from the decades before I arrived, in genres I couldn't give a rat's tit about. You just might think that someone actually in the industry may be naturally aware of one of the biggest bands of the '80s.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:33 am We're talking about multi-million pound orders in one case.
*flex*

;)
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Matty wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:09 pm
duncs500 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:33 am We're talking about multi-million pound orders in one case.
*flex*

;)
:lol: Trust me, it is not anything glamorous!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:54 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:14 pm I was laughing at the grumpy old men complaining about Billie Eilish not knowing who Van Halen are. It would be weirder if she was really into them :lol:.
You don't have to be into something to be aware of it. I know of tons of acts from the decades before I arrived, in genres I couldn't give a rat's tit about. You just might think that someone actually in the industry may be naturally aware of one of the biggest bands of the '80s.
Why, guitar nerd cock rock has no relevance for her.

All the old men whinging sound like this

An absolute unit