ios 13.3

Mito Man

ios 13.3

Post by Mito Man »

Anyone else find the keyboard has changed? Seem to be making a lot more mistakes, it keeps autocorrecting correct words like “he” to “the”. I can’t hide or get rid of the predictive words despite unchecking it in the settings either :?
No longer autocapitalises “i” to “I” either...

ITS INFURIATING.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Re: ios 13.3

Post by McSwede »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:42 pm Anyone else find the keyboard has changed? Seem to be making a lot more mistakes, it keeps autocorrecting correct words like “he” to “the”. I can’t hide or get rid of the predictive words despite unchecking it in the settings either :?
No longer autocapitalises “i” to “I” either...

ITS INFURIATING.
It appears to be missing punctuation too. Must be infuriating 😂😂
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep...

I just updated to the public beta and the keyboard has returned to how it used to be. No doubt it’s broken something else instead :lol:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Apple are getting worse with their software releases. I’ve noticed a few bugs which are really fucking obvious, e.g. email subject text over lapping the text for the ‘inbox’ button in mail, and they just don’t get fixed through multiple iOS 13 releases.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

iOS 13 has been a proper dumpster fire whereas 12 was really well handled. They seem to be intent on releasing a new version of iOS when the new phones are ready for release, regardless of what state the software is in.
Cheers,

Mike.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

They seem to have reverted something in the autocorrect dictionary. A while back, whenever I typed my email address, it used to capitalise one of the words every single time, Then it stopped doing it. Now it’s started again since the last update. Drives me fucking insane.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’ve also noticed it changing the tense of words: notices/noticed, identifies/identified etc. I just had to edit a word twice that I was writing in an email.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The beta software goes back to how it used to be. Hopefully it stays that way for the final version!

In other news my iPhone fell from 20cm onto the pavement as it slipped out my car door pocket and the screen smashed into a billion pieces. Fucking troll bastard.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

I tend to use the Google Keyboard on iOS*

Since iOS 13 though, I've noticed my iPhone seems to randomly select/swap between keyboards - even in the same app.

I'll open an app and it'll be the Google keyboard, go back in a short while later and it'll be the default iOS keyboard again.

Really annoying...

*I really like the long press fullstop that gives you quick access to frequently used symbols, and the long press access to numbers - rather than having to toggle between various keyboard layouts on the Apple keyboard every time you want a symbol or number
mik

Post by mik »

Had managed to avoid 13.3, but woke up late last week with a message that my update was successful - must have accidentally allowed it to upload overnight.

On Tuesday my apple headphones stopped working. Had barely used them. No biggy - plugged in my RHA's with the adaptor, but .... same same. :?

Cleaned out the port - tiny bit of fnuff in there, but nothing significant. Did not fix the problem.

Headed off to Foreignland on business - bit of a pain, but hey ho.

Then tonight I tried making a call and could neither hear nor be heard using as a normal handset. WTF? Tried a few times - nope. Tried facetime / whatsapp calls. Nope. :evil:

Thought maybe the mic, but ear-speaker too? Not likely. Noticed mic button greyed out - hmmm. No ability to make voice memos.

Some sleuthing with the help of ScottA (cheers mate!) suggests others have had exactly the same issues with 13.3. So maybe not the hardware fault I thought I'd just suffered. Phone is just over 2yrs old.

Currently updating with 13.3.1. Fingers crossed..... :?
mik

Post by mik »

Aaaaand. Didn't work. :evil:
mik

Post by mik »

Helplessdesk suggest factory reset when I get home as it may be a hardware fault - might need new handset.

Battery capacity at 85% so time for the bin anyway....
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

mik wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:01 pm

Battery capacity at 85% so time for the bin anyway....
Quick FYI, you'll have none of these problems on Android. And you can get Wifi scanners too.
mik

Post by mik »

Company phone dude. Only appleses.
mik

Post by mik »

Full backup, factory reset, recover this morning.

Still humped so looks like a hardware fault....

New handset ordered
evostick

Post by evostick »

mik wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:08 am Full backup, factory reset, recover this morning.

Still humped so looks like a hardware fault....

New handset ordered
sorry for your loss mate :(
mik

Post by mik »

It’s been traumatic. :|

I had to chase the taxi company this morning about my pickup at the airport, and had no choice but to use a public pay phone. :o A PUBLIC PAYPHONE :shock: I have no idea when I last did this, but it was A LONG TIME AGO :? (on the upside, it wasn’t covered in gob nor nuffin.... how times change :geek: )
evostick

Post by evostick »

mik wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:20 pm It’s been traumatic. :|

I had to chase the taxi company this morning about my pickup at the airport, and had no choice but to use a public pay phone. :o A PUBLIC PAYPHONE :shock: I have no idea when I last did this, but it was A LONG TIME AGO :? (on the upside, it wasn’t covered in gob nor nuffin.... how times change :geek: )
I didn't know that they were still a thing. All the ones around here have been turned into recycling facilities for peoples shitty old paperbacks.