Being offended

Brannen

Re: Being offended

Post by Brannen »

I went to Warsaw a few weeks ago for work. Their assortment of flavoured vodka is mental. The Polish guys we went out for food with kept ordering shots to the table.

And it's just easier to split the bill, unless someones really taken the piss. Keep it simple.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I am pretty sure Friends did an episode on this very subject. Comforting to know there is a definitive guide :lol:

We generally just divide it up and trust to our friends not being dicks.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

We do a work curry each year. Previous years we've always split the bill between us 4 manager-types. Last year, somebody took the piss (we know who it is) and the bill went from the usual £100 each to £140 each as a consequence. So this year, word has gone out, when you order your food, tot-up the total and bring cash on the day to cover your end at least. One of the managers (no, not me) isn't happy to cover the piss taking, and to be fair I can see his point.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:45 pm We do a work curry each year. Previous years we've always split the bill between us 4 manager-types. Last year, somebody took the piss (we know who it is) and the bill went from the usual £100 each to £140 each as a consequence. So this year, word has gone out, when you order your food, tot-up the total and bring cash on the day to cover your end at least. One of the managers (no, not me) isn't happy to cover the piss taking, and to be fair I can see his point.
We used to use a restaurant group called MASH when away (pretty decent Steak place) the menu is on the mid to expensive side but if you were sensible (and we'd always go for a much cheaper than average meal on the second night away too) it would go through on expenses no problems. This was until some shitehawk ordered the Waygu at £60 per 100g (with a minimum order of 300g). It's now blacklisted for us because of one person.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

It's always women ordering starters then half eating their dinners and not touching their unnecessary side orders.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:45 pm We do a work curry each year. Previous years we've always split the bill between us 4 manager-types. Last year, somebody took the piss (we know who it is) and the bill went from the usual £100 each to £140 each as a consequence. So this year, word has gone out, when you order your food, tot-up the total and bring cash on the day to cover your end at least. One of the managers (no, not me) isn't happy to cover the piss taking, and to be fair I can see his point.
How the fvck can you spend £100/head on a Curry??? :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:13 pm
How the fvck can you spend £100/head on a Curry??? :lol:
It’s an initial commitment of £20 but then when you leave before the allotted time it becomes £100
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

What about those cunts that, when you have a Chinese or Indian, want to share the dishes out? Fuck off, Karen, I ordered what I like, no I don’t want some of your fucking Chicken Masala in exchange for the Jalfrezi I ordered for myself!
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:18 pm for the Jalfrezi I ordered for myself!
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Simon

Post by Simon »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:18 pm What about those cunts that, when you have a Chinese or Indian, want to share the dishes out? Fuck off, Karen, I ordered what I like, no I don’t want some of your fucking Chicken Masala in exchange for the Jalfrezi I ordered for myself!
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Now, you see when i grew up and the family went for curries (whole family so decent numbers) it was just part if the way of doing things that everyone tried a few other dishes. Like Indian tapas.

Still do it to this day.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:39 pm Now, you see when i grew up and the family went for curries (whole family so decent numbers) it was just part if the way of doing things that everyone tried a few other dishes. Like Indian tapas.

Still do it to this day.
Don’t even get me started on tapas. Like Joey, REV doesn’t share food.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:59 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:39 pm Now, you see when i grew up and the family went for curries (whole family so decent numbers) it was just part if the way of doing things that everyone tried a few other dishes. Like Indian tapas.

Still do it to this day.
Don’t even get me started on tapas. Like Joey, REV doesn’t share food.
So much this. I hate it when the waiter suggests getting a few different things to share. I’ll have my own thanks.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:18 pm What about those cunts that, when you have a Chinese or Indian, want to share the dishes out? Fuck off, Karen, I ordered what I like, no I don’t want some of your fucking Chicken Masala in exchange for the Jalfrezi I ordered for myself!
Amen. I order what I want. I don't want to share it with some cunt who's ordered something I don't want. Fuck right off!

I do reserve the right to finish what they don't eat though. 👍
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Still do it to this day.
Worse. Than. Hitler.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Indian works well for sharing starters in a big group. Fuck sharing my curry though!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

:lol:

No surprise that you "on the spectrum" bunch aren't for sharing ;)
Last edited by Swervin_Mervin on Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

McSwede wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:46 am
Amen. I order what I want. I don't want to share it with some cunt who's ordered something I don't want. Fuck right off!

I do reserve the right to finish what they don't eat though. 👍
as is correct and proper
Join us, join the Teslarati!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:29 am Indian works well for sharing starters in a big group. Fuck sharing my curry though!
You’ll take my onion bhajis from my cold, dead hands, motherfucker.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

:lol: