Being offended

dinny_g

Re: Being offended

Post by dinny_g »

Matty wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:17 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:44 pm What? I’m agreeing with you.

People who want to argue pennies rather than just chipping in an amount to cover the whole thing are a waste of time.
The problem is people who take the piss, know you're splitting the bill so intentionally order more expensive things than they normally would.
I can go better for shithousery…

We went out to a Mexican place in Black Heath many years ago as a large group. Table wasn't ready so we waited at the bar. There were 6 of there at this stage so I got the first round in. As others arrived, they started their own rounds so we stayed in ours. My Brother got the second round. My Brothers friend got the third round and quietly stuck it on the table bill

Apparently he's renowned for that sort of thing - still has his communion money as we say back home.

Maddest thing was no-one was prepared to call him out on it. Not really my place so I didn't.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Nathan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:52 pm I'm not really a drinker, so it does annoy me when I end up contributing 50% more than what I have actually spent.

But you can't say anything. Thems the rules.
I see your point. I don't drink most of the time when out for food. It is annoying but I don't begrudge my other half and others having a few bottles of wine because I'm not a tight fucker.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Nathan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:52 pm I'm not really a drinker, so it does annoy me when I end up contributing 50% more than what I have actually spent.

I thought it was etiquette (or not being a cunt) to insist a non drinker doesn't pay as much (e.g. the driver) if any when splitting the bill.

The trick is not to associate with non drinkers. Sorry Nath & Broccers :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

P.S. That family sounds like a bunch of pricks.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gwaredd wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:05 pm P.S. That family sounds like a bunch of pricks.
20 somethings.

The best solution is to never go out or on holiday with anyone 😂.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:52 pm

People who want to argue pennies rather than just chipping in an amount to cover the whole thing are a waste of time.
The problem is people who take the piss, know you're splitting the bill so intentionally order more expensive things than they normally would.
I can go better for shithousery…

We went out to a Mexican place in Black Heath many years ago as a large group. Table wasn't ready so we waited at the bar. There were 6 of there at this stage so I got the first round in. As others arrived, they started their own rounds so we stayed in ours. My Brother got the second round. My Brothers friend got the third round and quietly stuck it on the table bill

Apparently he's renowned for that sort of thing - still has his communion money as we say back home.

Maddest thing was no-one was prepared to call him out on it. Not really my place so I didn't.
That's tight. And offensive.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Isn’t it.

My other half doesn’t drink but will Always pay equal share
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Beany

Post by Beany »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:47 pm Isn’t it.

My other half doesn’t drink but will Always pay equal share
I'm always a driver, so I only ever have a pint or two over an evening meal, and a coffee too mebbe while everyone else is on their fifth pint.

It's never crossed my mind to quibble over just dividing everything per head; I mean, you're meant to be out for a fun time, perhaps as a treat - what's a fiver or a tenner here or there if you're enjoying yourself?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Exactly Beany...

As Rev said, life’s too short.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:46 pm Life is too short.

and so's Jobbo.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:52 pm

Asking where the bar was in a salt mine.

?!

dinny, yup that's low. How long did it take him to walk back?
Beany

Post by Beany »

nuttinnew wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:50 pm
Broccers wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:46 pm Life is too short.

and so's Jobbo.
Harsh but true :cry:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Would it be offensive to ask how you enjoyed Kraków? :lol: We’ve been twice, love the place

Answer to the bar in the salt mine question- not really a bar but there’s a restaurant about 125m underground that serves beer....
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Your family/friends are strange lol
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Gwaredd wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:04 pm

I thought it was etiquette (or not being a cunt) to insist a non drinker doesn't pay as much (e.g. the driver) if any when splitting the bill.

This. Unless I was too smashed to realise I would insist that someone who spent significantly less pays less. Mainly if someone didn't have a starter or isn't drinking.

I'm rarely not drinking so it's not an issue I usually have.:)
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:58 am
Gwaredd wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:04 pm

This. Unless I was too smashed to realise I would insist that someone who spent significantly less pays less. Mainly if someone didn't have a starter or isn't drinking.

I'm rarely not drinking so it's not an issue I usually have.:)
AUDIC
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

jamcg wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:05 pm Would it be offensive to ask how you enjoyed Kraków? :lol: We’ve been twice, love the place

Answer to the bar in the salt mine question- not really a bar but there’s a restaurant about 125m underground that serves beer....
Yes enjoyed it too. Didn't do the camp as its too depressing and by the sounds of it packed full of tourists. It was their independence day on Monday so lots on in the square which was ace. Booze & food is cheap and I developed a liking for cherry vodka.

Salt mine very impressive but our group tour took yonks.

Would probably go again one day. 8-)
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

So in summary (IMO)

Either

a. Arrange for separate bills before the start of the meal

or

b. Split the bill evenly

And Krakow sounds cool
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Krakow - went on a stag there 10 years ago and thought it was great.

Went again this year and found it small, boring and not that cheap anymore.

Much preferred Budapest.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:29 am So in summary (IMO)

Either

a. Arrange for separate bills before the start of the meal

or

b. Split the bill evenly

And Krakow sounds cool
I mean (a) should be pretty rare in civilised company. Sometimes you have to be conscious of people who have less money than yourself if you're somewhere expensive I guess.