Dogecoin etc

Mito Man

Re: Dogecoin etc

Post by Mito Man »

Crypto is way more identifiable than cash and more traceable than the average stupid criminal expects
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nyt ... e.amp.html
How about not having a sig at all?
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

V8Granite wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:43 am Crypto seems more like a cult.

I was Listening to a live chat yesterday with Elon and some other Crypto folk in. They talked about physical crypto wallets being super safe and these are being designed, which seems quite wasteful and I thought crypto being non physical was a bonus. Payments by code scanners etc etc

Then they spoke about how it’s far safer and more secure but in the 6 months crypto has interested me I’ve known 3 people have their wallets emptied and one of those was for 20k.

Then the comments about what they hoped for the future of crypto, one chap said world peace as with more people able to earn, less centralised government monetary control we would have less wars. This is possible, but I bet we will have more fighting in general if it’s so easy and not traceable when stolen.

I say make money with it as is possible now, Try to save the world in other ways by re-using containers and walking more :lol:

Dave!
There's a huge irony in the pipe dreams of decentralisation and democratisation, they're always bandied about as some kind of nirvana, whilst forgetting that governments and central banks exist, alongside powerful industry leaders, who will all ensure they keep their slice of power. Besides, they're not exactly perfect goals, the internet decentralised and democratised data in a new way and facilitated all kinds of fakery that didn't exist before. However, it would be absolutely reasonable to expect any government to be furiously planning how crypto can be a part of their currency, don't write off the idea of a digital pound just yet — a new working group was setup and BoE are contributing. https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linked/1 ... -a-uk-cbdc
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:51 am Crypto is way more identifiable than cash and more traceable than the average stupid criminal expects
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nyt ... e.amp.html
When my mum said "I heard that lots of criminals use bitcoin" I had to point out the same is true for the US dollar :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I'm still amazed that anyone is ok with the ridiculous energy consumption associated with cryptocurrency mining. It's disgusting.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

That's entirely dependent on the coin in question, rather than crypto as a whole. Some tokens are environmentally focussed and have a positive impact, while Bitcoin is very energy intensive.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Gavster wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:53 am That's entirely dependent on the coin in question, rather than crypto as a whole. Some tokens are environmentally focussed and have a positive impact, while Bitcoin is very energy intensive.
Do you stick to the PoS ones then? This thread is titled Dogecoin, which is PoW like Bitcoin.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

CumRocket and ULTI both say they are more ethical but I really don’t believe they are. I think if they both become a success and do well then they will do.

I tried with Doge but with so many people invested in it struggled to find out what was real information or not.

Dave!
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

CumRocket?!😂 So which one of these thousands of cryptocurrencies in existence will bring world peace?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Well CumRocket will bring everyone Love and ULTI will let people have wars online without killing anyone.

It’s a rock solid way to world peace 😎

I hope it pays my mortgage off first though and a Ferrari.

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ah yes, we can achieve world peace through masturbation and gaming.
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:23 am Ah yes, we can achieve world peace through masturbation and gaming.
5,000,000 students can’t be wrong.

Dave!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

World peace - except Essex;

John

Post by John »

Do we have any Essex wankers on the forum?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:51 pm NFTs are just an elaborate money laundering scheme, right ?

In a similar vein;

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

V8Granite wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:43 am Crypto seems more like a cult.

I was Listening to a live chat yesterday with Elon and some other Crypto folk in. They talked about physical crypto wallets being super safe and these are being designed, which seems quite wasteful and I thought crypto being non physical was a bonus. Payments by code scanners etc etc

Then they spoke about how it’s far safer and more secure but in the 6 months crypto has interested me I’ve known 3 people have their wallets emptied and one of those was for 20k.

Then the comments about what they hoped for the future of crypto, one chap said world peace as with more people able to earn, less centralised government monetary control we would have less wars. This is possible, but I bet we will have more fighting in general if it’s so easy and not traceable when stolen.

I say make money with it as is possible now, Try to save the world in other ways by re-using containers and walking more :lol:

Dave!
The main attraction for most is instead of watching your £ getting less and less in value at least you're making (usually) over time. Its quite criminal that the banks are paying so little interest on savings.

My stash of not much is just held in the trading account, moving it to a wallet is only useful if you're wanting to avoid paying tax :D Kinda backfires if you lose 20 bags.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I’m declaring every penny as I see the taxman like scaffolders, don’t mess with them.

Waiting for RobinHood to be officially declared for Shiba and then run this pump for hopefully a bit of a win.

Bitcoin at nearly 62k can’t be sustainable so will be interesting to see if they all drop or if it gets put elsewhere.

Someone spent $150,000,000 on Shiba yesterday and everyone is hoping it was Elon 😂

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Yeah bitcoin, I bought a bit in July its nearly doubled - I didnt buy enough tho :lol:

You really have to ask when we're all going green the amount of gas needed to fuel this nothing economy how soon someone will ban it? Once you can't move your money any longer you basically are fucked with no recourse. All a gamble innit.

Speaking of which I bought a small amount of NU

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Eth flew yesterday. When's the almighty correction?

What's eth2?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Broccers wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:01 am Eth flew yesterday. When's the almighty correction?

What's eth2?
Normally a third ethernet adapter on a linux box, but I'd imagine that's not what it's referring to in this instance.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »