GB News

Broccers

GB News

Post by Broccers »

Could. Not. Resist.

Production is absolutely skool project level.

Content not so sure about that either.

Seems twitter wants them defunded tho which is counter productive as its so bad just leave them to it - people will turn off anyway.
Swervin_Mervin

Re: GB News

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I thought I'd have a look the other night. Lasted a minute tops - Alan Sugar was busy being a boring fecker. But the production values were utterly shocking :lol: I reckon our local Manc Freeview channel "That's Manchester" does a better job
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It’s bizarre that something with so much money would look so shit. Probably deliberate to make them look like a plucky upstart :lol:

I’ve not watched unsurprisingly, it’s funny that a group of people who make a living calling others snowflakes had to give themselves a safe space though.
An absolute unit
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I’m sure I heard on the radio they are doing it all in a temporary building as their proper building isn’t finished ?

Dave!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Do I need to retune the TV to get this?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Simon wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:15 pm Do I need to retune the TV to get this?
Intellectually? No, just jam crayons as far up your nose as you can and you'll be fine.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I’ve read this morning that both Mike Hunt and Mike Oxlong have been name checked on the channel this morning… :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I watched this on youtube - this was quality and if theres more of it Im sure in time itll be a winner.

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:42 pm I’ve read this morning that both Mike Hunt and Mike Oxlong have been name checked on the channel this morning… :lol:
And Cleo Torez apparently :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:11 pm
dinny_g wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:42 pm I’ve read this morning that both Mike Hunt and Mike Oxlong have been name checked on the channel this morning… :lol:
And Cleo Torez apparently :lol:
Put it on the list with the rest:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Its great to see. People hate threats - If only James O Brien could get the vitriol he warrants
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:42 pm Mike Hunt...has been name checked...

Eric's son? (not Little Eric, Big. You don't hear much about him these days, not since he lost his hair).
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Andrew Neil has sacked it off already :lol:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/medi ... 72566.html
An absolute unit
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

The viewing figures aren't very good but that's because their target audience don't want to watch the news. They just want their opinions validated in a pithy headline.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Latest news is that ratings dropped to 0 for a few shows after a presenter took a knee in response to the football racism :lol:
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

I just looked that up.

Also

I mean, is GBNews an Armando Ianuccio project to lampoon the right, but done in real life rather than as part of a TV show?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

See, this is why being proud to be British is seen as a bad thing these days, because idiots like this hijack the idea and turn it into either 1) excuse to be racist idiots, or 2) at the very least be so idiotic to come across as racist, whether intended or not. I think this fall into the first category though……
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Also, being proud of where you happen to be born is dumb ;)
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

Watching Andrew Neill basically set fire to the career he has built up over forty years (if not longer) has been a mixture of hilarious and kinda sad, too. Going from being one of the more respected faces on one of the worlds most trusted news channels (still mostly true, quiet at the back) to being attached to this utter joke of a 'news' network.

You'd think he'd know that the ones who cry the loudest about free speech and patriotism are, almost without exception, the ones least interested in actually following that rhetoric up - it's tub thumping to attract the idiots. It's rarely not.

That said, I expected him to be smart enough to know that. Perhaps I was mistaken :lol: