DN22 drama

speedingfine

DN22 drama

Post by speedingfine »

Ah, the old Mark Hales manoeuvre :!:
drcarlos

Re: DN22 drama

Post by drcarlos »

So he hired someone to drive his Lotus Elise around the ring and they blew it up. Was it something special to start with or does he just tweet a lot for attention, just wondering?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

:lol: drcarlos not impressed with that story.

It's all Toyota bits in that Elise right? So probably not super expensive to get fixed.
An absolute unit
scotta

Post by scotta »

drcarlos wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:04 pm So he hired someone to drive his Lotus Elise around the ring and they blew it up. Was it something special to start with or does he just tweet a lot for attention, just wondering?
Looks like a S3 220 S. - Nice bit of kit.

scotta

Post by scotta »

Now is probably an oppertune moment to offer him £50 for it! :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I read it as all he wanted was the guy to say sorry. :D
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:06 pm :lol: drcarlos not impressed with that story.

It's all Toyota bits in that Elise right? So probably not super expensive to get fixed.
Just seems odd that being a car guy you'd hire a 'Race' driver to drive your road (all be it pretty decent by the sounds of it) car, when surely part of the ownership experience is to explore driving it like that yourself? If you want to go fast at the ring with a race driver take the ring taxi and so it's their machinery that's risked not yours.
His car and his money I guess but don't write a twatter essay on it.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

You should get on twitter to let him know how much he's DIW.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

drcarlos wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:04 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:06 pm :lol: drcarlos not impressed with that story.

Just seems odd that being a car guy you'd hire a 'Race' driver to drive your road (all be it pretty decent by the sounds of it) car, when surely part of the ownership experience is to explore driving it like that yourself? If you want to go fast at the ring with a race driver take the ring taxi and so it's their machinery that's risked not yours.
Some people like to pay another person to fuck their spouse and just watch. Different strokes for different folks :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:34 pm You should get on twitter to let him know how much he's DIW.
More like offering my services as a racing driver with 15 years experience if he wants someone else to fuck it up again once he's fixed it! :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Sometimes you just need to see how they handle being pushed to the limits in expert hands. Same with cars.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Richard

Post by Richard »

This professional racing driver doesn’t know how to drive a RHD car?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

drcarlos wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:04 pm don't write a twatter essay on it.
You seem to not get modern life.
mik

Post by mik »

I think he wants other people to highlight that the PROFESSIONAL is actually a TAUC that broke his car. And he can continue to pretend that he wasn’t already thinking that? :?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Some people just go into “do not acknowledge the issue or offer any form of apology that could assign blame” mode when they fuck up over fear of having to pay. I used to see it on building sites a lot (though that was often more total denial).
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:48 pm I used to see it on building sites a lot (though that was often more total denial).
No it wasn’t.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:49 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:48 pm I used to see it on building sites a lot (though that was often more total denial).
No it wasn’t.
what wasn’t? I just got here, my van has broken down.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

drcarlos wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:04 pm

Racing driver was hired by his mate, for tutoring, as his mate does every trip - not specifically to drive the Lotus for them. They asked him to have a go in the Lotus to see what someone who knew what they were doing could do with it.

Which it seems is break it because they didn't know what they were doing :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

mik wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:41 pm I think he wants other people to highlight that the PROFESSIONAL is actually a TAUC that broke his car. And he can continue to pretend that he wasn’t already thinking that? :?
A car going pop whilst you’re driving it is unfortunate. Shifting into 3rd instead of 5th and over-revving the ever-loving shit out of it is the action of a ham-fisted fuck nugget. A professional being paid to drive the car based on his extensive experience should have some sort of professional indemnity cover, right? Or some sort of contract or service agreement setting out liability and all that shiz?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:34 pm
mik wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:41 pm I think he wants other people to highlight that the PROFESSIONAL is actually a TAUC that broke his car. And he can continue to pretend that he wasn’t already thinking that? :?
A car going pop whilst you’re driving it is unfortunate. Shifting into 3rd instead of 5th and over-revving the ever-loving shit out of it is the action of a ham-fisted fuck nugget. A professional being paid to drive the car based on his extensive experience should have some sort of professional indemnity cover, right? Or some sort of contract or service agreement setting out liability and all that shiz?
Maybe he doesn't and is hoping to get something written on twitter that he can later use as admission of guilt in a claim of some description. He's a car dealer after all.