Australian hire car lottery.

RobYob

Re: Australian hire car lottery.

Post by RobYob »

Only Red Centre in this hemisphere is full of Tourists gawking at St Basil's. ;)
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

RobYob wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:48 am Japan is also fecking hot and crowded and polluted and crowded.

Go to Aus, enjoy cheap and delicious SE Asian food, nice national parks, the barrier reef and the red centre. 8-)
Tokyo is hot and crowded and polluted and crowded, but that's because it's a big city. Get out of the city and it's perfectly pleasant.

I agree with JL re: Aus. My wife has family in Perth so we've been a few times and I've no interest in doing it again. In fact, last time my wife wanted to go visit her family I said "no", so she went on her own and I went to Peru to spend a fortnight with Teh Gavster instead 8-)

And Australia isn't cheap any more.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Those pics get better and better. Then you get to the last page.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:14 pm
RobYob wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:48 am Japan is also fecking hot and crowded and polluted and crowded.

Go to Aus, enjoy cheap and delicious SE Asian food, nice national parks, the barrier reef and the red centre. 8-)
Tokyo is hot and crowded and polluted and crowded, but that's because it's a big city. Get out of the city and it's perfectly pleasant.

I agree with JL re: Aus. My wife has family in Perth so we've been a few times and I've no interest in doing it again
Perth is to Australia as Cardiff is to England. :lol:

I'm sure the "countryside" of Japan is lovely, I just hardly got to see any in seven months assignment there. Miwajima off Hiroshima is beautiful, but still crowded.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

RobYob wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:46 pm Perth is to Australia as Cardiff is to England. :lol:
Perth isn't in Australia ??
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Can anyone spot the Australian in the thread :lol:.

I went to Tokyo for three weeks last year, loved the experience but don't have the urge to repeat it. Great food and insane culture shock made it a great holiday but the heat and humidity killed me and being a big lad I didn't fit anywhere.

My missus wants to go to Osaka and Takarazuka next, I haven't decided if I'm going to go with :lol:.
An absolute unit
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:48 pm
RobYob wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:46 pm Perth is to Australia as Cardiff is to England. :lol:
Perth isn't in Australia ??
Nope, the border is an inhospitable no-mans land two thousand kilometers wide full of of lethal fauna and booby traps.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:52 pm Can anyone spot the Australian in the thread :lol:.

I went to Tokyo for three weeks last year, loved the experience but don't have the urge to repeat it. Great food and insane culture shock made it a great holiday but the heat and humidity killed me and being a big lad I didn't fit anywhere.

My missus wants to go to Osaka and Takarazuka next, I haven't decided if I'm going to go with :lol:.
I dunno, as a thoroughly argumentative cvnt JL3 gets the nod for me :D

Go to Osaka for the aquarium and knife shops.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Hey just stating an opinion based on experience that just happens to be diametrically opposed to that of almost every single other person on the planet :lol:

Just to reiterate - great country, great people, too far to just visit. It's not really the biggest insult imaginable from me or are you new here? :lol:
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:57 pm Hey just stating an opinion based on experience that just happens to be diametrically opposed to that of almost every single other person on the planet :lol:

Just to reiterate - great country, great people, too far to just visit. It's not really the biggest insult imaginable from me or are you new here? :lol:
The end is nigh, I'm in agreement with both JL and Mito.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:52 pm I went to Tokyo...
<snip>
...and being a big lad I didn't fit anywhere.
Really ? I'm 6'4" and despite lots of warnings about that before we went, I didn't have any issues at all. I just felt a bit conspicuous all the time !
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Could’ve been my intense social anxiety making me feel awkward but I couldn’t get comfy in a lot of places :lol:.
An absolute unit
scotta

Post by scotta »

Were here for a family wedding. Mrs A has been at me for 15 years to come. Up until now I’ve resisted.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

scotta wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:02 pm Were here for a family wedding. Mrs A has been at me for 15 years to come. Up until now I’ve resisted.
I've never been to Gold Coast, all the nice places I've been in Qld are another 2000km North of there! Enjoy the V8s, GC race is usually cracking.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 pm
Those pics get better and better. Then you get to the last page.
What’s the issue?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

240PP wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:12 pm What’s the issue?
He didn't look / read / comprehend, and thinks the house isn't on the waterfront.
mik

Post by mik »

He does / does not like the look of the selling agent?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

<rubs thighs>
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

mik wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:19 pm He does like the look of the selling agent?
Quite.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:57 pm
I went to Scotland 2 weeks ago and hit the same conclusion. 10 hours drive to Edinburgh, then another 2 hours to get to the nice countryside bits :lol: Switzerland and Italy are closer.
How about not having a sig at all?