Corvette

mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Re: Corvette

Post by mikeyb »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:13 pm I quite like the look of the exterior, and as it's mid-engined I suppose an RHD version might not be out of the question... If new Mustang sales over here compared with any previous iteration that was LHD only are anything to go by, it might happen. Here's hoping, as I'm getting depressed with continual talk by European manufacturers of hybrids/electric only/autonomous, blah, blah, blah.

Of course they need to offer a manual version too or they can eff off!
I believe Australia will get RHD. HSV are doing RHD conversions of the Camaro too :)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:13 pmas it's mid-engined I suppose an RHD version might not be out of the question...
Does it being mid-engined make that easier? I'm having a stupid day :)
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:47 am
PaulJ wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:13 pmas it's mid-engined I suppose an RHD version might not be out of the question...
Does it being mid-engined make that easier? I'm having a stupid day :)
i would have thought so too, having a large engine in the way of a steering column and pedals is surely more of a problem than an empty frunk.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yes of course 🤦‍♂️ #StupidJames
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Think I read Oz (and somewhere else) are to ban the sale of LHD vehicles, so hopefully manufacturers will feel RHD variants are more worthwhile.
Cheers,

Ian
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I didn't even know they were allowed now. My mate here who has just returned to Oz had to sell his F150, Focus ST and Mustang as they were LHD; he'd have loved to have taken them with. Even had to return his motorbikes to 100% stock, even down to tail tidies and rear cans. Aus sucks for nannying.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Guess I’m miss-remembering then. Tbf, mate has just moved to Portugal and they want to charge him an “el tax” for his 800hp GT-R. He’s trying to find a garage there to take it back to stock, certify it and then re-install it all. Apparently, that’ll still be cheaper! 🤯
Cheers,

Ian
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:54 am Aus sucks for nannying.
And taxing the hell out of European cars.

Any interesting stuff seems to cost at least double what it does here due to the strict and punitive import duties.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:54 am I didn't even know they were allowed now. My mate here who has just returned to Oz had to sell his F150, Focus ST and Mustang as they were LHD; he'd have loved to have taken them with. Even had to return his motorbikes to 100% stock, even down to tail tidies and rear cans. Aus sucks for nannying.
Used to vary state to state in Aus. For LHD I thought Western Australia was easier to get LHD approved and others varied from difficult to impossible. My knowledge is now seven years out of date though.

Yes, Aus sucks for on-road nannying, I'll probably lose my licence the instant I ever go back. Off-tarmac tends to be the way to get your petrol head hit. As long as you don't mind stone chips most cars are heaps of fun when driven down gravel "B" roads.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yep driving in Aus is pretty hateful. I got my first speeding ticket within 7 minutes of leaving Melbourne Airport in 2001 and I can't see it having got more relaxed over the years.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Maurice wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:20 pmLooks shite.
This, because it reminds me of the new NSX and that doesn't look shite, but because this tries to copy yet different, it ends up looking shite. I guess it proves that they have no qualms turning their back on tradition at least, and doing something just because it's always been done that way.