A little meat

mik

A little meat

Post by mik »

So i had to hear Mudge's new exhaust setup, and we decided a relatvely brief rendezvous could be had before the Wimby final.

We did of course make time for driving - one of my favourite local stretches was ridiculously busy with cyclists, but the following section taking us to the agreed farm shop / coffee stop was delicious.

In addition to quenching our thirst, i took the opportunuty - in line with the thread title - to pick up some fillet for later. At a fairly rondinculous £48 a kilo, i have high hopes....

The wee 'xige was already pretty loud with the 2bular back box in place, but the new manifolds & sports cat have turned the dial up another notch or two. It's an angrier howl now with far more trailing throttle artillery. Its not please-arrest-me loud, but when following it you certainly dont have to guess whether the throttle is open or closed. It sounds immense. 8-)

An unplanned extension of the drive to run the Dukes pass proved to be an excellent decision. We had a fantastic traffic-free run up. There arent many corners where you find yourself cursing that you didnt slot first - but the Dukes pass has more than one. Some lovely low speed oversteer moments though - even in the wrong gear.

The run back down had the Evora tyres chirping, and the brakes starting to voice their disapproval as we reached the end.

The new satin finish on Mudge's wheels is lovely - the effect when moving with the sunlight catching the spokes catches the eye.

Some video may have been taken.... :geek:

Anyway - c'mon Djokovic.

Play was stopped for 90seconds whilst this monster did some manouvering. The crew demanded some Lotus noise as we passed - crap trundling-along blurry image was the best I could manage.

RobYob

Re: A little meat

Post by RobYob »

Nice 8-)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

8-)
mik wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:11 pm the Dukes pass
Added to the list.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Lovely. Wheels do look good.

So wheres this clip at?
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Cracking run as ever in the sunshine, and I was really looking forward to it given it was the first chance I'd had to give the car some beans. It must be said that Mik's Evora seemed in particularly fine fettle, and was proving nigh on impossible to drop.

The Exige felt superb all day - the 2Bular kit really has added another dimension to car, making itself particularly felt at the top end of the rev range. The car was never really a slouch here, but it's noticeably more urgent as you hurtle towards the limiter. Mik mentioned some slow speed oversteer was achievable and certainly in my car it was easier than ever to unstick the rears.

I'm told it takes between 750-1000 miles for the ECU to fully liberate all horses. That'll be fun, but not as much fun as the noise is.

My god the noise.

The videos give you a good idea, but inside the car is absolutely wild. It's a deeper tone than it was before up to 4.5k RPM, but after that all raspy hell breaks loose. Properly exotic is all I can say.

The one downside now, as you can probably hear, is that I have absolutely nowhere to hide if I fluff downshifts from now on.

8-)
Matty

Post by Matty »

Hell that's loud 8-) sounds awesome. Hope they're not going to be putting those noise detectors within a mile of the roads you plan on driving... :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Nice!

Also, I’m glad you’d asked Muttley to film it. I wondered if he was OK after Dick Dastardly got banged up by Operation Yewtree.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Lovely stuff. I can't believe it didn't loose traction on the e-start
mik

Post by mik »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:09 pm Nice!

Also, I’m glad you’d asked Muttley to film it. I wondered if he was OK after Dick Dastardly got banged up by Operation Yewtree.
He gave me another medal. 8-)
GG.

Post by GG. »

Sounds ridonculous. Always amazes me how much the base Toyota motor can be totally transformed.

Seems indecently rapid as well - I’m sure the low weight really adds to that.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Both cars looking fantastic 8-)

The Exige looks like a road going group C car compared to the original, it’s really growing on me as something special.

Wheels should be silver.

Dave!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

mik wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:11 pm A little meat...
And 2 vegetables

*sorry this is late, it took me all night to think of it
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That sounds awesome 8-)
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:45 am Wheels should be silver.
I was going to say that but actually I think they look great.

The car should be silver though :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

You guys may have watched too much LR in your youth...

Maurice

Post by Maurice »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:18 am
mik wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:11 pm A little meat...
And 2 vegetables

*sorry this is late, it took me all night to think of it
:lol:

I should add that it’s not now a complete nutter all the time. It’s still perfectly docile (well as much as an Exige can be) pootling around town or on the motorway.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Predictably, I love it :lol: How is the summer traffic on your favourite roads now? Noticeably busier, or still easy to escape the hordes?

Saw this in the classifieds the other day as well 😍

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... 13/9721676
Matty

Post by Matty »

speedingfine wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:34 pm Predictably, I love it :lol: How is the summer traffic on your favourite roads now? Noticeably busier, or still easy to escape the hordes?

"Phone for details" - as if selling privately isn't bad enough, some people must be sadists; having numerous timewasters phoning you asking the same questions would do my nut, why not just put it in the advert?

But yes, watching these vids had me straight on the classifieds too :lol: (for a Roadster, obviously).
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

8-) Lovely.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

speedingfine wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:34 pm Predictably, I love it :lol: How is the summer traffic on your favourite roads now? Noticeably busier, or still easy to escape the hordes?

I thought you might :lol:

Roads were relative OK at the weekend, apart from the usual scrum of cyclists. You have to go a good few hours further north to have them completely to yourself.