Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

User avatar
KiwiDave
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland NZ

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by KiwiDave » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:01 am

Foz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:52 am
Try buying one chaps :lol:
Meaning?

User avatar
Rich B
Posts: 2743
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by Rich B » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:06 am

GG. wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:52 am
IanF wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:47 am
Monkey reckons the 6bang may end up replacing the turbot4 in the Coxster range. 🤞
Yes I saw this - he noted that the 4cyl sold like "herpes-infused toothpaste in the US" :lol: You could argue that as worldwide sales were flat they don't care. Can't be nice relying on the Chinese market to the detriment of the US, however, with China's overall car sales falling 14.6% in April.
actual figures or STFU! 😃

User avatar
ste
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by ste » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:07 am

KiwiDave wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:01 am
Foz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:52 am
Try buying one chaps :lol:
Meaning?


It'll be subject to all the usual Porsche halo car bullshit like the original GT4 was. If you buy the Panamera and Cayenne they ask you to buy and you've a satisfactory history of buying cars at retail and trading them back to the dealer at aloss when ythey're trading over-list then you'll get allocated one. Otherwise you can whistle and will have to buy one that's been flipped for well over list.

List is ~£70k. You'll need >£100k to buy one.

User avatar
GG.
Posts: 2116
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by GG. » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:10 am

Rich B wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:06 am
GG. wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:52 am
IanF wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:47 am
Monkey reckons the 6bang may end up replacing the turbot4 in the Coxster range. 🤞
Yes I saw this - he noted that the 4cyl sold like "herpes-infused toothpaste in the US" :lol: You could argue that as worldwide sales were flat they don't care. Can't be nice relying on the Chinese market to the detriment of the US, however, with China's overall car sales falling 14.6% in April.
actual figures or STFU! 😃
Figures for herpes infused toothpaste? :lol:
PDK frees up your left hand so you can scratch your vagina.

User avatar
Rich B
Posts: 2743
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by Rich B » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:12 am

GG. wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:10 am
Rich B wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:06 am
GG. wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:52 am


Yes I saw this - he noted that the 4cyl sold like "herpes-infused toothpaste in the US" :lol: You could argue that as worldwide sales were flat they don't care. Can't be nice relying on the Chinese market to the detriment of the US, however, with China's overall car sales falling 14.6% in April.
actual figures or STFU! 😃
Figures for herpes infused toothpaste? :lol:
roughly the same as “fallen off a precipice?”

User avatar
GG.
Posts: 2116
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by GG. » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:13 am

Rich B wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:12 am
GG. wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:10 am
Rich B wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:06 am
actual figures or STFU! 😃
Figures for herpes infused toothpaste? :lol:
roughly the same as “fallen off a precipice?”
That but itchier
PDK frees up your left hand so you can scratch your vagina.

User avatar
Foz
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:57 pm

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by Foz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:14 am

KiwiDave wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:01 am
Foz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:52 am
Try buying one chaps :lol:
Meaning?
You can’t, all the old speculators have the slots. In the UK unless you are on the list, even people with significant brand track records a are being told to GTF!

User avatar
GG.
Posts: 2116
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by GG. » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:16 am

Foz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:14 am
GTF!
Is that the Weissach package version?
PDK frees up your left hand so you can scratch your vagina.

User avatar
Sundayjumper
Posts: 1015
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:04 pm

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by Sundayjumper » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:17 am

Foz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:14 am
KiwiDave wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:01 am
Meaning?
You can’t...
You can, there will be plenty available, just as long as you don't mind paying £50k over list.

User avatar
GG.
Posts: 2116
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by GG. » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:18 am

Sundayjumper wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:17 am
Foz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:14 am
KiwiDave wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:01 am
Meaning?
You can’t...
You can, there will be plenty available, just as long as you don't mind paying £50k over list.
AKA the Rolex business model.
PDK frees up your left hand so you can scratch your vagina.

User avatar
Alex_
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by Alex_ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:20 am

GG. wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:18 am
Sundayjumper wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:17 am
Foz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:14 am

You can’t...
You can, there will be plenty available, just as long as you don't mind paying £50k over list.
AKA the Rolex business model.
It's getting stupidly ridiculous! I blame the ADs.
M235i

User avatar
KiwiDave
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland NZ

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by KiwiDave » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:32 am

I thought they'd said the numbers weren't limited and they'll make them as long as anyone wants one?

User avatar
Foz
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:57 pm

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by Foz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:38 am

KiwiDave wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:32 am
I thought they'd said the numbers weren't limited and they'll make them as long as anyone wants one?
:lol:

User avatar
Alex_
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by Alex_ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:46 am

KiwiDave wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:32 am
I thought they'd said the numbers weren't limited and they'll make them as long as anyone wants one?
You could go into your local Porsche dealer, try order one and report back. :P
M235i

User avatar
Mito Man
Posts: 2263
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by Mito Man » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:52 pm

They’re supposedly really easy to get a hold of in Europe though aren’t they? Shame they’re LHD though.
How about not having a sig at all?

User avatar
Coaster1
Posts: 808
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by Coaster1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:26 pm

Mito Man wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:52 pm
They’re supposedly really easy to get a hold of in Europe though aren’t they? Shame they’re LHD though.
I heard that as well.

It’s only a UK phenomenon where you either have to have a good ‘relationship’ with your OPC (i.e buying four Macans etc :roll: ) or pay overs.

You have to beg Porsche to take £80k off you :roll: :lol:

User avatar
KiwiDave
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland NZ

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by KiwiDave » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:37 am

Alex_ wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:46 am
KiwiDave wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:32 am
I thought they'd said the numbers weren't limited and they'll make them as long as anyone wants one?
You could go into your local Porsche dealer, try order one and report back. :P
I mean if I had the cash I would... but seriously, I don't think it's like that here, or at least not as much. *fingers crossed for if I ever get the cash...

User avatar
Alex_
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by Alex_ » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:42 am

KiwiDave wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:37 am
Alex_ wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:46 am
KiwiDave wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:32 am
I thought they'd said the numbers weren't limited and they'll make them as long as anyone wants one?
You could go into your local Porsche dealer, try order one and report back. :P
I mean if I had the cash I would... but seriously, I don't think it's like that here, or at least not as much. *fingers crossed for if I ever get the cash...
Interesting! Like what the others have said, it's a UK thing, which is a bit weird.
M235i

User avatar
Marv
Posts: 612
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by Marv » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:39 pm

KiwiDave wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:32 am
I thought they'd said the numbers weren't limited and they'll make them as long as anyone wants one?
Porsche also said they'd stop speculators from getting hold of their GT cars.

Speculators, after Porsche announced this:

Image
Oui, je suis un motard.

User avatar
IanF
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:58 pm
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
BMW X5 M50d
Contact:

Re: Porsche 718 Spyder/GT4

Post by IanF » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:06 am

In some positive news, there’s a gen1 GT4 for sale on Boatshoes for less than £70k.
Cheers,

Ian

Post Reply