JLv3.0

Re: Know anything about VW Campervans?

Post by JLv3.0 »

Better than forking out 20k for one.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

evostick wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:46 pm

Looking at something like thishttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T25-air-c ... %7Ciid%3A1

or maybe this later water-cooled one without the appealing paint and associated price https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T25-Devon ... 3836780309

That orange one looks fucking splendid! 8-)
Cheers.

Gwaredd
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Orange one looks good, but the white one is exactly what I'd be looking for if I was going to buy one.
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

If you're anywhere near thinking of buying the orange one, surely this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Down-14-VW-T ... 3520304926 is not offputtingly more expensive? Far more pleasant not to sleep on 30yr old cushions, and being a VW it should still hold its value.

Buy the Lego version of the split-screen camper if you want nostalgia.
GG.

Post by GG. »

I really don't know why anyone would subject themselves to an air cooled camper TBH. Someone on our street thrashes the gutless beetle engine of theirs to get it to drag itself along in a cloud of putrid smoke - it just looks like an unpleasant experience.

An attractive original splittie on the west coast of the US, perhaps. But one of those hideous 70/80s ones in the UK? No thanks :lol:

ETA: this looks like a weird Fritzel-style prison cell from a 1970s horror movie :shock: :

JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Looks like the sort of thing a single mum with 2 kids on 75k / year would be forced to live in.
GG.

Post by GG. »

I presume that's pretty tongue in cheek from a man living in a land with no income taxes! :lol:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

You decide :D
evostick

Post by evostick »

GG. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:44 pm I really don't know why anyone would subject themselves to an air cooled camper TBH. Someone on our street thrashes the gutless beetle engine of theirs to get it to drag itself along in a cloud of putrid smoke - it just looks like an unpleasant experience.

An attractive original splittie on the west coast of the US, perhaps. But one of those hideous 70/80s ones in the UK? No thanks :lol:

ETA: this looks like a weird Fritzel-style prison cell from a 1970s horror movie :shock: :

At least the piss stains won't show.

The newer ones do look more practical and far less hassle but akin to all modern german stuff they just lack any charm whatsoever and those attempts made to enliven the grey boxes by putting orange fucking mirrors and shiny 20inch wheels on them just make me mutter obscenities to myself.

I reckon I'll try it anyway. As long as I buy something at the right money it's not much of a risk and the mrs is well up for it. Which makes a change ;)