FAO Super Sideways Sierra

Mike1215

FAO Super Sideways Sierra

Post by Mike1215 »

According to Modern Classics mag, just missed out Beany ;)

Beany

Re: FAO Super Sideways Sierra

Post by Beany »

oh no

:lol:

If I had the space, skills and time to clean that thing up, I'd still have it.

But I didn't, so I don't.

Ah well!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

They are a fabulous little car. My missus had a metallic green one and I used to love taking it out for a back road blast. The steering was nice and the rear was very mobile so you could take all sorts of angles into and through corners varying plenty of speed. Shame they made them from compacted rust 😂

Ours was killed by the wife LOOing into a large concrete block in the hedgeback. After the airbag had gone off she panicked thinking the car was on fire 😂😂
Mike1215

Post by Mike1215 »

I remember trying the local dealer's demo back in the late 90s. They got good reviews and they let me take one out on my own being as I turned up in the Sierra ( unlike Shrewsbury Peugeot dealer with their 106Gti demo - wouldn't even entertain a test drive without a deposit! Had to go to Wolverhampton to test drive one ).
Although I usually like Fords I never really gelled with it and once I'd driven the French twins 106Gti/Saxo VTS - felt a lot more fun to me to drive - I ended up with the Citroen and didn't regret it. Pumas certainly have a strong following though...especially on Ford-hating PH!
ste

Post by ste »

Loved the one we had, a fairly early 1.7 in silver, Steve McQueen TV advert spec.

I got very tempted to buy a Racing Puma that I was offered recently. If I wasn't re-building a house I'm sure I'd have bought it.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I do think I'll end up missing the Puma (not regretting getting shot of it though - it was beyond my help) and I'll probably end up getting something small and darty again at some point.

A very, very well rounded car that did everything you'd expect of it well, and excelled when you gave it some on a backroad,
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

The Fiesta chassis upon which it was based was genuinely amazing. I have very fond memories of my old 1.25 Zetec.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Explosive Newt wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:07 pm The Fiesta chassis upon which it was based was genuinely amazing. I have very fond memories of my old 1.25 Zetec.
I'd have a Ka tomorrow if someone offered me one and I'd have zero shame about it. That chassis was a gem in everything it underpinned.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Beany wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:53 pm
Explosive Newt wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:07 pm The Fiesta chassis upon which it was based was genuinely amazing. I have very fond memories of my old 1.25 Zetec.
I'd have a Ka tomorrow if someone offered me one and I'd have zero shame about it. That chassis was a gem in everything it underpinned.
I genuinely miss my old sportka, even if it was made of rusty tin foil