M3 vs M3

simon_g

M3 vs M3

Post by simon_g »

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/04/25/te ... ace-track/

And that glorious engine noise?

“when you floor it, the throttle response is glacial by comparison, and the accompanying racket isn’t quite as glorious as you remember — more of a distraction from listening to what the tyres are doing and getting on with the business of going fast.”
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: M3 vs M3

Post by Rich B »

Was there enough charge to drive home without an hours charging though? 😃
Foz

Post by Foz »

If that’s the future I want no part of it
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

There’s only 2 good things about a classic Ferrari and they’ve just got rid of one of them.
How about not having a sig at all?
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/03/02/o- ... gasmobile/

Cleantechnica is the definitive fan boy for Tesla though. They’ve just had to pull an article that claimed a Tesla was cheaper over three years that ignored the initial price, claimed that a brand new petrol car would need $1500 of repairs per annum and assumed you charged at free Tesla stations only (so not even allowed to charge at home). 🙄

Tl;dr - Tesla fanboy website
Cheers,

Ian
Foz

Post by Foz »

The whole free electric car charging thing is going to shock people, the fast charging stations going into the new retail parks cost the installers £50 grand, and a fast charge will charge the customer £18.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Foz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:24 pm The whole free electric car charging thing is going to shock people, the fast charging stations going into the new retail parks cost the installers £50 grand, and a fast charge will charge the customer £18.
£18 is cheaper than filling my car with enough fossil fuel to do 250-300 miles though. It'll shatter the illusions of the dreamers though. Who did they think would pay for the infrastructure other than electric car drivers.
Foz

Post by Foz »

McSwede wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:29 pm
Foz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:24 pm The whole free electric car charging thing is going to shock people, the fast charging stations going into the new retail parks cost the installers £50 grand, and a fast charge will charge the customer £18.
£18 is cheaper than filling my car with enough fossil fuel to do 250-300 miles though. It'll shatter the illusions of the dreamers though. Who did they think would pay for the infrastructure other than electric car drivers.
Yes but it’s free power, free, like the wind!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Also what do they think is going to pay for the missing fuel duty in the years time? It's very artificial to compare electric and ICE cars when fuel is taxed heavily and electric isn't. This will only be for the transitional period. When electric cars are the norm road pricing will replace fuel duty, then the cost savings will be a lot lower. It's a false comparison at the moment.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

How many laps can it do at m3 pace without overhearing the motor or battery?

How many laps before it runs out of juice?

How long between running out of power and being able to recharge and go and do more laps?

I don't think anyone has ever questioned the outright performance of any tesla anyway :?
Cheers, Harry
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

IanF wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:36 pm Tl;dr - Tesla fanboy website
I only read this after I'd read the link and thought that chap really needs one of these;

Simon

Post by Simon »

IanF wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:36 pm https://cleantechnica.com/2019/03/02/o- ... gasmobile/

Cleantechnica is the definitive fan boy for Tesla though. They’ve just had to pull an article that claimed a Tesla was cheaper over three years that ignored the initial price, claimed that a brand new petrol car would need $1500 of repairs per annum and assumed you charged at free Tesla stations only (so not even allowed to charge at home). 🙄

Tl;dr - Tesla fanboy website
That article is pure fantasy. ' This is why a $28,000–37,000 Tesla Model 3 is a game-changer. There is no gas car within tens of thousands of dollars of that price range that has anywhere near the quality of a Tesla Model 3 (or a Nissan LEAF or Chevy Bolt EV for that matter, but a Model 3 is another step up from them).' Utter utter horse shit. Sorry, the tales of M3 fit and finish and rear bumpers falling off is enough to prove M3 'quality'. As for the LEAF, I don't know what cars they get out in the states, but I sat in a new one a few weeks ago and considering they start at £28k you could see they spent all the money on the battery and none on the interior. Oh, and you sit about 4" too high in the seat as well.

And '“Speaking of flying around the road violently, the problem isn’t just the acceleration but also the deceleration. … Driving around the city a little bit, I was thrown off by how fast the car was rolling into corners, red lights, and roundabouts. ‘Why isn’t the car controlling itself a little better! Why is it trying to fly off the road!’ Of course, I immediately knew the answer — it doesn’t benefit from the sophistication of regenerative braking. The wild horse doesn’t offer one-pedal driving.' Just LOL. Sure, a car will literally throw itself off the road because it doesn't have regenerative braking. Step away from the drink man.

Time to remove cleantechnica from my Google Now suggestions list.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Does he refer to the model S and Model X as MS and MX too?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

MYes.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

What a Mcunt!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

There is a grey Aventador convertible that goes around the town every so often, a few people moaned about the noise but luckily most commented how cool it was to see and the guy was being sensible. A kid wants to hear the noise though and he obliged, top bloke.

It is our duty to drive nice sounding cars (not that fatty bollocks) to at least attempt to keep the passion in petrol cars.

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Even as a confirmed ecomentalist, electric cars as they are just now ain't it.

That article is just embarrassing, blinkered fanboyism.
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

What's the EV fanboi equivalent of having inhaled too many petrol fumes?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Stuck his tongue on the terminals one time too many?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:06 am Stuck his tongue on the terminals one time too many?
😂 yep, been licking the terminals!