Which Boxster to get?

ste

Re: Which Boxster to get?

Post by ste »

Explosive Newt wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:05 pm Some pics (although this is its pre-finished state and there are some scratches etc that will be touched up before I take delivery).
That looks great, hope you enjoy it. 8-)
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Picked it up today and had a very enjoyable time on our local back roads (a mate insisted on videoing!). Amazingly tractable in the rush hour traffic too. Still trying to get the driving position just right.

Only problem... the front bumper scrapes on my driveway on the way in :lol:
Marv

Post by Marv »

Explosive Newt wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:22 pm Picked it up today and had a very enjoyable time on our local back roads (a mate insisted on videoing!). Amazingly tractable in the rush hour traffic too. Still trying to get the driving position just right.

Only problem... the front bumper scrapes on my driveway on the way in :lol:
Looks good to me, enjoy 😎
Oui, je suis un motard.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Post the video, you clearly want to :mrgreen:
Beany

Post by Beany »

speedingfine wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:52 pm Post the video, you clearly want to :mrgreen:
Harry is correct.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

speedingfine wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:52 pm Post the video, you clearly want to :mrgreen:
See the facebook group! Attaching it here seemed like a faff
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:54 pm See the facebook group!
I hope it's better than the Facebook 996 group. I lasted about a week. The nicest description I can think of is "well-meaning idiots".
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:57 pm
I hope it's better than the Facebook 996 group. I lasted about a week. The nicest description I can think of is "well-meaning idiots".
Well, it’s us, but on Facebook. So it’s well-meaning cunts with real names.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:54 pm
See the facebook group! Attaching it here seemed like a faff
Very good :lol:
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:57 pm
The evo forum group is simply idiots. But they are our idiots.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Explosive Newt wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:05 pm Some pics (although this is its pre-finished state and there are some scratches etc that will be touched up before I take delivery).

Can't remember (or see from the photo) whether yours was afflicted with the centre console button leprosy but the below may be of interest to you:

Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

GG. wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:18 am One thing I would recommend from experience (prompted by the first photo where the frunk hood is unlocked and the keys in the ignition) is locating a 987.2 "shell" for the key(s) These were redesigned with recessed ridges for the buttons which then don't unlock the boots every time you put them in your jeans pockets, allowing people to steal all your stuff. :lol:

I think the gubbins inside the key should just fit inside the updated case. The new style ones are black compared to the gen 1 silver.
This thread popping back up has reminded me of this. Having had the car parked up for a week while it tipped it down, I went out to get something from the front boot to discover it contained about 6 inches of water from having been ajar. Fortunately a solid bailing out, two rolls of absorbent kitchen tissue and a good going over with a hair dryer and it seems no harm done but I shall be pursuing your advice at the earliest opportunity...
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

IIRC this is common, it’s easy to accidentally press the release button on the remote without realising.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Explosive Newt wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:06 pm
GG. wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:18 am One thing I would recommend from experience (prompted by the first photo where the frunk hood is unlocked and the keys in the ignition) is locating a 987.2 "shell" for the key(s) These were redesigned with recessed ridges for the buttons which then don't unlock the boots every time you put them in your jeans pockets, allowing people to steal all your stuff. :lol:

I think the gubbins inside the key should just fit inside the updated case. The new style ones are black compared to the gen 1 silver.
This thread popping back up has reminded me of this. Having had the car parked up for a week while it tipped it down, I went out to get something from the front boot to discover it contained about 6 inches of water from having been ajar. Fortunately a solid bailing out, two rolls of absorbent kitchen tissue and a good going over with a hair dryer and it seems no harm done but I shall be pursuing your advice at the earliest opportunity...
We don't talk about the couple of litres a side of water that was in the BMWs hood recess after the drain holes got blocked.

Have a look and see where yours are, and whether they drain OK ;)
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:16 pm IIRC this is common, it’s easy to accidentally press the release button on the remote without realising.
Yep, way too easy. I always have to look back at the car when I’m walking away to check neither front or rear boots have clicked open.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Yeh the revised keys fix the problem entirely (though they are still prone to the tabs that hold the buttons in breaking over time). German design and engineering eh? :lol:
scotta

Post by scotta »

This is doing nothing to put me off dangerous thoughts of selling the lotus for a cayman...