I bought a boring but unusual car

simon_g

Re: I bought a boring but unusual car

Post by simon_g »

Admiral was about £500 standalone with no NCB (using it on the Golf) but set it up as a multicar policy so I could use on both and it was about £380. That included 30 days cover on the chassis number, free amendment to the registration once we get it. Very similar to what we pay for the Golf GTE.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Seems fair enough
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

What was the company you used for transport? Friend has bought a rolling chassis that needs transporting from Essex to Farnborough.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Looks cracking. When I was looking at Bongos one of these with a pop top and tiny kitchen came up in Carlisle at similar money and must admit the manual box and vtec engine did appeal but it looked a fair bit smaller than a Bongo, in height and length.

You going to pimp it out with shag pile etc?
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

No pimping, but my god there's a lot of stuff in Japan for these. New stereo going in (just for UK radio, Carplay, etc), new cabin filter and I've given the curtains a clean. Need to book it in somewhere for undersealing and a service just so I know everything is done.

Got the V5 and a reg number through today so JDM-sized numberplates are ordered (local place couldn't do them) and I'll be able to drive it properly this weekend.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

All done now. Cleaned and refitted the curtains, UK (carplay-enabled) stereo fitted. Numberplates arrived Saturday morning, fitted and went straight off in it.

Felt a little weird to drive at first - it's only as wide as a Jazz, but you sit high like a SUV. Getting used to wipers/indicators being the "wrong" way around. Other than that, nice relaxing thing to plod around in.