Top Gear

GG.

Re: Top Gear

Post by GG. »

Loved Norway and the Station Wagons part of it but skipped through Rory, Sabine and the Celebs bit, which unfortunately was half the show.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Pretty much as per the grand tour, the kids loved it!
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Ascender wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:37 am I really enjoyed it and its a shame Le Blanc has knocked it on the head as him and Harris make a good pairing.

I actually thought Rory was a bit better in the segment he did than any other series up to now.
+1

Rory’s segment started off ok until he and Sabine started bashing the cars.
Pete_ wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:17 pm The best bit for me was Chris' late breaking in the Panamera, I actually thought he was going to go off the end of the runway :lol:
I also thought Harris braked too late, unless it was some editing trickery.

The Porsche looked cool 4-wheel drifting like an EVO. Very impressive although I understand that’s not the point of the car.

Overall enjoyable Sunday night programme.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:59 am
unzippy wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:36 am So how many episodes of Joey are left?
5, not counting last night's.
Ta.
So just the 6 for this season/year?
As I've seen in the media the new presenters filming already.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

They really aren’t giving Rory a chance are they!

“Chris, Matt, you have £300k supercars in Norway.

Rory, you have this shitty Suzuki thing that no one gives a crap about up that hill over there.”

😂
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Well I want the Ferrari now... 8-)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Simon

Post by Simon »

I enjoyed that, but it shows how much SIARFC is a 'done' segment now. Really pleased the guest got canned from TGT.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mike1215

Post by Mike1215 »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:15 pm
speedingfine wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:56 am "5 gears, the same as a Lamborghini Muira"

Did I imagine Rory said that?
Thought it was diablo tbh
The devil is in the detail......
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Rich B wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:45 pm They really aren’t giving Rory a chance are they!

Rory, you have this shitty Suzuki thing that no one gives a crap about up that hill over there.”

😂
Especially as if you’re going to do that in a Suzuki I’d rather see the new Jimney put through its paces
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

jamcg wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:10 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:45 pm They really aren’t giving Rory a chance are they!

😂
Especially as if you’re going to do that in a Suzuki I’d rather see the new Jimney put through its paces

They were both 66 reg cars weren't they? New jimney probably wasn't out when they recorded it 😂
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

They must have taken a while to get the Ignis up that hill - it seemed to have different wheels fitted in each shot :lol:

Harris is really good now he's relaxed a bit into it, even Joey isn't annoying me so much because he and Chris have a good cameraderie, and Rory is so obviously relegated to the Jason Dawe role that he's tolerable.
mik

Post by mik »

I watched the whole show in about 12 minutes - avec judicious use of the fast forward button. It was ok.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

integrale_evo wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:09 am
jamcg wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:10 pm

😂

They were both 66 reg cars weren't they? New jimney probably wasn't out when they recorded it 😂
Yeah, I'm wondering if that was recorded for an earlier series and not used.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Richard

Post by Richard »

Sabine grates rather, doesn’t she?

The whole show was basically as expected

The Star in a Car section needs to go. It’s not funny. It’s not interesting. In fact, the whole studio section could go, really. It’s hardly used, except for a place for the celeb interview to happen, which is easily the weakest section of the show
Richard

Post by Richard »

I guess they have data on what parts of the show people like? Perhaps the SIARPC section is very popular in some markets? I know TGT use their Amazon data to help shape the show, which is one of the reasons their celebrity section has been axed.
mik

Post by mik »

Richard wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:19 pm Sabine grates rather, doesn’t she?
I managed one “whoop”. And fast forwarded the whole feature.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I only enjoyed Sabine in her Nurburgring episode with the Transit, after that she’s gradually got more and more annoying. Her and Vicki from Fifth Gear seem incapable of driving a car without screaming.
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

The Suzuki part did bring back fond memories of a trip I made to the Lakes in a 1.4 Seat Ibiza, thrashing the living shite out of it along the A590 to Wasdale Head.

Almost impossible to exceed 60 anywhere so you could genuinely go as fast as possible with almost zero worries from cameras or plod. :lol:

No braking late and powering out of corners, it was all about carrying speed.

Honestly in my top 5 drives ever... such a laugh
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Barry

Post by Barry »

I don't understand why TG thinks wilfully damaging a new car is entertaining I'm afraid, I winced throughout that whole segment. It told me nothing real about that little car other than 4wd.

Ferrari vs Porker was OK in a typical TG contest fashion but after the lovely noises and scenic shots I can't help but feel it's an old format that needs refreshing. Stop the silly challenges and just take the cars on a proper road trip, show them working as they would in reality rather than skidding on gravel.

Matt and Chris work well together mind, so it's a shame he's quitting.
scotta

Post by scotta »