Decent car YouTubes

integrale_evo

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by integrale_evo »

I really wanted to do a couple of videos for that but the weather conspired against it. Maybe next time.
Cheers, Harry
_andy

Post by _andy »

This guys got some great content on his channel, he built/owns the Honda S600 with a Fireblade engine that was featured by Jay Leno a while back. His latest project is a Mk5 Jag which he's converting to Tesla power:

tim

Post by tim »

I've started watching this series

Never come across the bloke before, and it's a bit amateur-hour but quite compelling. Especially when he starts taking spark plugs out with an engine bay still full of 16 years of crap...!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yeah, we've talked about him before somewhere on this thread. He's much better when he has a proper project to work through like this one - otherwise he tends to do lots of videos talking about what he's going to be doing in future videos. Seems a genuine enough guy though and the 512 series has been entertaining so far.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Not youtube but a really interesting look around a CGT - 50k to replace the undercarriage :shock:

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Chris Harris posted this up on Twitter. Will make you want a fruity Impreza and some better driving skills :lol:
Foz

Post by Foz »

Really enjoying Jonny smiths channel, he’s a great presenter and there’s decent production quality as well.

Hopefully he can make a go of it, so much better than the rich Daddy influencer pricks..

His BTCC stuff with Plato and Matt Neal is great as well!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

tim wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:29 am I've started watching this series

Never come across the bloke before, and it's a bit amateur-hour but quite compelling. Especially when he starts taking spark plugs out with an engine bay still full of 16 years of crap...!
It is nice to watch but why he hasn't got a lift of some sort i can't fathom. Everything must take 2 or 3 times as long scrabbling around on the floor and messing with stands and jacks.

He's not even got an engine stand which are peanuts, he's put the motor on a wooden trolley 3 inches off the floor lol
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Foz wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:17 am Really enjoying Jonny smiths channel, he’s a great presenter and there’s decent production quality as well.

Hopefully he can make a go of it, so much better than the rich Daddy influencer pricks..

His BTCC stuff with Plato and Matt Neal is great as well!
So much better now that he's toned down the zaneyness that was part of his TV identity

I wish him well
Barry

Post by Barry »

Another great example of when you can SEE a car is fast on a video. Watch the way this thing hoovers up straights :o

Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Barry wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:37 pm Another great example of when you can SEE a car is fast on a video. Watch the way this thing hoovers up straights :o
That’s LOL fast. 6:50 :o :lol:

That’s why I am not a PDK/DCT hater; cars are so fast now so right tool for the job.

I would love to own a R35 GTR at some point and see what’s it like.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Excellent 'colour correction'. ;)
Mark_bt52

Post by Mark_bt52 »

Coaster1 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:34 am
Barry wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:37 pm Another great example of when you can SEE a car is fast on a video. Watch the way this thing hoovers up straights :o

That’s why I am not a PDK/DCT hater; cars are so fast now so right tool for the job.

The whole idea of attempting to perform manual clutch / lever gearchanges in a GT-R would be ludicrous.
Your left hand would be permanently on the lever and when cars are as fast as this you need both hands on the wheel more than 5% of the time to drive properly IMO.
Nissan GT-R / Audi S4./ BMW 530d
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I'm sure the racing snakes among us would manage ;)

How about not having a sig at all?
Barry

Post by Barry »

Mark_bt52 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:02 am
Coaster1 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:34 am

The whole idea of attempting to perform manual clutch / lever gearchanges in a GT-R would be ludicrous.
Your left hand would be permanently on the lever and when cars are as fast as this you need both hands on the wheel more than 5% of the time to drive properly IMO.
Similar arguments for bikes having quick shifters/blippers now, one less thing to contend with as the bike hurls you along. And fun in their own way too.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:03 am I'm sure the racing snakes among us would manage ;)

Cracking driving.
Without a doubt one of the best laps of any kind of racing was Senna's Donnington 93 in the wet first lap

Mark_bt52

Post by Mark_bt52 »

NGRhodes wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:01 pm Without a doubt one of the best laps of any kind of racing was Senna's Donnington 93 in the wet first lap

With paddles... (actually I was there and paddles were required for spectators also ;) )

Actually that lap was a bit overrated IMO, Senna and Andretti were both extremely fast in the wet morning warmup, Andretti was even up to 3rd on lap 1 before getting a bit too greedy and Senna himself said that the car was mainly responsible with it being the most technologically advanced on the grid in terms of driver aids, particularly traction control.

Yes it's a great lap, and a dominant race performance, but along with Senna, I don't rate it as one of his best.
Nissan GT-R / Audi S4./ BMW 530d
mik

Post by mik »

We’ve mentioned George’s stuff before. I have no idea how he has the patience to do all the stop-motion sequences, but I am so pleased that he does. 8-)

This is a fab little vid.

revsRus
Currently Driving: Mclaren 600LT
VW Golf Clubsport S

Post by revsRus »

mik wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:42 pm
MikeHunt wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:45 pm I really dig a lot of the videos on this channel https://www.youtube.com/c/VehicleVillains/videos
Haven’t met him but Timur is a friend and ex-employee of Pete.
@MikeHunt Timur will be really pleased to hear this, he’s lost his mojo recently with cars, not least because he’s a pilot and had to sell his GT3 last year for obvious reasons. He’ll probably make a new vid or two on my 600lt, well maybe if I pass on your kind endorsement