Decent car YouTubes

Beany

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by Beany »

That does pull rather well in top, doesn't it? :lol:
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

That is a damn good looking car, R35 front end and all.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Interesting to see that the ranges on some of these new ev's are equal to, if not more than some petrols now.
mik

Post by mik »

RobYob wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:17 pm
That is a damn good looking car, R35 front end and all.
Think I need to see one in the flesh - some angles on the vid it looks great, but others it’s less convincing. Haunches aren’t as immediately visually obvious as the B7 RS4 Avant for example.... probably just as big but somehow “softer” ? :?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, I like the e-tron a lot. Although a lot of reviews are saying the base rwd Taycan is about the best EV around just now.
An absolute unit
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Beany wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:59 pm That does pull rather well in top, doesn't it? :lol:
Shame it's not going as fast as the speedo makes out.

Car is running a 3.67 Diff so the speedo is 20kph+ out as the video making chap confirms in the comments.

I thought that Twingo was making some serious progress but it makes more sense now 😂
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I think that E tron coupe is the best looking EV on sale right now. I like the Taycan but the front headlights and vertical intakes are poorly resolved.
How about not having a sig at all?
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Not really ‘decent car youtube’......

Looks like a genuine GT3 as well; no rear wiper, Recaro buckets. :(
GG.

Post by GG. »

Should'a gone nicking RS Audis in that weather :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:40 am Interesting to see that the ranges on some of these new ev's are equal to, if not more than some petrols now.
The range of your petrol car doesn't drop by 1/3 in winter. And petrol cars seem to come with tiny fuel tanks these days; I saw yesterday the new Yaris has a 36l tank. With a 9l reserve that's only 6 gallons of usable fuel :lol:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:30 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:40 am Interesting to see that the ranges on some of these new ev's are equal to, if not more than some petrols now.
The range of your petrol car doesn't drop by 1/3 in winter. And petrol cars seem to come with tiny fuel tanks these days; I saw yesterday the new Yaris has a 36l tank. With a 9l reserve that's only 6 gallons of usable fuel :lol:
My point was the range is increasing on them all the time. Once the great unwashed realise there is no longer any need for range anxiety sales will increase rapidly. It’s surprising how many Tesla’s and Taycans I see round here and I live in a very small town.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

But you said they have a range greater than petrol cars; ignoring the fact that you can't get back to 100% range at the side of the road pretty much anywhere in a few minutes, it's simply not the case unless you are looking at tiny fuel tank cars like the Yaris. Tesla's Model S now has a close to 400 mile range but other cars with similar battery sizes (Audi E-Tron, for instance) struggle to manage 200 miles in winter: https://www.topgear.com/long-term-car-r ... s/report-4. Even the Yaris beats 170 miles per tank.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Hoovie gets a visitor, who he doesn't really mention properly:

Wonder why?
Beany

Post by Beany »

I literally have no idea who the owner of the collection is (not his dad) and Schmee comes across as less of a thrush case* than he does normally in this.

*irritating cunt
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I think that’s because Hoovie basically ignores him and doesn’t even greet him or mention his name 😂
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:20 pm I think that’s because Hoovie basically ignores him and doesn’t even greet him or mention his name 😂
I mean, that I can understand. But who's the guy with the really rather interesting collection who he also doesn't name, and who doesn't come across as a thrush case?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

It's no beauty, but there's some tech I like the sound of on this car.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Beany wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:29 pm
Jobbo wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:20 pm I think that’s because Hoovie basically ignores him and doesn’t even greet him or mention his name 😂
I mean, that I can understand. But who's the guy with the really rather interesting collection who he also doesn't name, and who doesn't come across as a thrush case?
It’s Brian Pettey, Started a company called Robotzone amount other things. I think Schmee is just there to do a film on his collection and Hoovie is just the go between. Hoovie certainly doesn’t appear to like him very much!
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

He does mention him by name once, I get the impression it’s part of a larger video on both their parts, possibly something to do with the next Car Trek.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Even if you're not fussed about the engineering in this machine, jump to the test drive. 160mph capability in the 50s!