Decent car YouTubes

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

integrale_evo wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:50 am If it was like the one I went to there were special invite cars in the inner ring more general interesting arrivals stuff parked outside, and then general boring car parking.

I don’t know the setup at that event but the last few seconds of the vid seemed to show the outer interesting parking bit.
Yeah, there was the exhibition itself, with special enough stuff invited into that, and then a show car park underneath.

Was good to finally meet YK, and see Barry, Ben and Matt for the first time in donkeys years. My arse is in shot at the same time as Barry in that LBS vid :lol:

I think if I were gonig again, I'd head down to the show car park first. We went down in the afternoon and much of hte really interesting stuff seemed to have gone by then. It was a great day though. Sort of a halfway house between a meet and a proper show, so it was nice and relaxed.

Sat in a fair few cars, including the Morgan CXT - that was cosy! Definitely not for the claustrophobic. And the Alpine. That just confirmed that I really, really want one. :(
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

GG. wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:15 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:55 pm
Beany wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:03 am
Oh I know how editing works, thinking more when he's pulled stuff off (which I'm sure he's not put back on to redo without swearing, over reacting etc) and sees the horrors he's got himself in for.

He just seems to be hugely calm and matter of fact about what is a massive, complex, expensive and difficult job.

That said, he's not a moron, I expect he bought the project knowing there was a good chance it was going to spend a fortnight blown across his garage space in bits :)
Well, the swearing will have got a lot worse. Update on his Patreon is cylinder 4 scored, and scoring in 1 and 2 as well. Potentially scrap block :(
Cough...
Spoiler
Please use these in future!
Apologies! He's just updated his Patreon again - I won't give anything away. However, the teardown vid is coming to Patreons tonight so should be live generally shortly.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Multiple videos (three now) in a row suggests he's having to actually work on it constantly, as opposed to his usual switching and swapping between cars - must be having 'fun' with it.

I wonder if he'll just shrug his shoulders, throw the engine in the boot and switch back to one of the other cars? :lol:
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Judd V10 Supra :shock:

mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Yeah follow most of his stuff. He's actually a refreshing change in terms of being pretty humble, although he most obviously doesn't have the skills himself, other than the driving. Car sounds alright too.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

The spit at 4:27 :P :D :lol: 8-)
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

I remember Harry M covering these cars a while ago. Interesting to see Hammond's perspective although I've not been watching his workshop show.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Beany wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:21 pm Multiple videos (three now) in a row suggests he's having to actually work on it constantly, as opposed to his usual switching and swapping between cars - must be having 'fun' with it.

I wonder if he'll just shrug his shoulders, throw the engine in the boot and switch back to one of the other cars? :lol:
I think he's going to have to switch back to some of the others if he decides to fix the B7 - he's going to need the € :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

RobYob wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:12 pm

I remember Harry M covering these cars a while ago. Interesting to see Hammond's perspective although I've not been watching his workshop show.
His just for men goatee is ridiculous, seems to have good taste in cars though.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

Beany wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:21 pm Multiple videos (three now) in a row suggests he's having to actually work on it constantly, as opposed to his usual switching and swapping between cars - must be having 'fun' with it.

Oh no.

Ooh noooo.

Oh noooooooooooo

He's still very chipper about it all things considered - despite it objectively being a horrible basket case, it's gonna be good for views, especially as it's such a rare car getting such in depth work.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Very entertaining 😁
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I knew most of that from watching CFs videos over the years, but I somehow didn't know he had a E30 325i sport. Definitely the car that got me into BMWs. I wonder what spec/colour he has?

Photo of my (and Gavster's) old one because.

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I’m sure he mentioned his 325i Sport in a video previously - possibly when he did the hot tub 325i convertible.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Not sure if you’ve seen this before, might have been a recommendation from here or just YouTube recommending it. Looks a fun channel.
Left over crest; tightens.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

JonMad wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:24 pm Not sure if you’ve seen this before, might have been a recommendation from here or just YouTube recommending it. Looks a fun channel.
Cheers for that Jon. The Land Cruiser assisting makes it look so easy but I’m still impressed by the RR. Goes to show how important the right wheels and tyres are.
Barry

Post by Barry »

speedingfine wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:01 pm

Very entertaining 😁
He was a great guest, clearly still a child (as most of us are). Adding Part2 just so its there..

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

nuttinnew wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:53 pm
Sweet Jesus. 710HP and 1250kg. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
GG.

Post by GG. »

@Sundayjumper Think this might be down your alley. They're certainly the right colour :lol: