Decent car YouTubes

Simon

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by Simon »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:06 am
Simon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:41 pm I'd argue any 2 car household (with two drivers rather than just 1) needs to have both as practical, especially where kids are concerned. The idea that you can't take junior somewhere because your wife has taken 'her' car out shopping and it's the only practical one is crazy.

I looked at that Honda boot and laughed. As soon as you throw a kiddie into any car equation a car like that just doesn't make sense.
What are you/your kids doing that needs both cars to be practical? We could happily run something like the Honda no trouble. Loads have much less practical 2nd cars.

I just think EVs tend to be viewed with a much greater degree of scrutiny than other cars and it sometimes seems people are just deliberately looking to find some fault.
I guess I'm thinking of this through the lens of being insured on both cars myself, but the wife only insured on hers.

Also the fact that I'll often want to put stuff in my boot and go out and if she goes she'll need to put the pram in her boot. It'll be different when he's not in the pram anymore.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Ahh. We're both insured on each other's. And beyond pram stage. And even at pram stage we had a folding buggy style one, rather than the massive things a lot of people go for.

I remember when we got the F20 125i, there were so many forum posts decrying how utterly impractical they were for ferrying a baby/toddler around. It never proved to be an issue :lol:

These days we only need the practicality for visiting family/friends that are any distance away. On a daily basis even something as small as the Honda could accommodate my laptop bag, and the lad's schoolbags.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yep, I could run an EV alongside the 320d and swap with the Mrs according to what we’re doing that day. All I need is room for a car seat.

but if i was looking at it financially, then i could just buy a bran new ICE car like the more practical Up! for half the money and save a fortune.

If it’s an emotional purchase then that’s different.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Barry

Post by Barry »

Utterly bonkers, I want one. That flyby :lol: 8-)

Beany

Post by Beany »

I have little interest in superpowered offroaders, but the launch mode squirm, where the drivetrain is totally overpowering the brakes did get a proper guffaw out of me.

That is a genuinely comical car in a good way and I approve of Henesseys utter madness in making it.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:06 am
Simon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:41 pm I'd argue any 2 car household (with two drivers rather than just 1) needs to have both as practical, especially where kids are concerned. The idea that you can't take junior somewhere because your wife has taken 'her' car out shopping and it's the only practical one is crazy.

I looked at that Honda boot and laughed. As soon as you throw a kiddie into any car equation a car like that just doesn't make sense.
What are you/your kids doing that needs both cars to be practical? We could happily run something like the Honda no trouble. Loads have much less practical 2nd cars.

I just think EVs tend to be viewed with a much greater degree of scrutiny than other cars and it sometimes seems people are just deliberately looking to find some fault.
Later this month we'll be running my M140i and a Mk1 MX5. How on earth will we cope??? 😂😂

The 1 series is a more than practical enough for everything we do with a sprog and a dog.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Shock horror, some people do different things and might need two reason manly practical cars!
Cheers, Harry
Barry

Post by Barry »

Its childish fun but I do enjoy this guys vids, interesting cars, good editing and occasionally bonkers stuff like this :lol:

The owner is a big lead foot child, Ricky manages it far better but even then its ludicrous to expect traction at this level.
tim

Post by tim »

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1nstS ... tMF2OZx5tw

This guy is pretty watchable, running a supercal rental business.
mik

Post by mik »

Barry wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:40 pm Its childish fun but I do enjoy this guys vids, interesting cars, good editing and occasionally bonkers stuff like this :lol:

The owner is a big lead foot child, Ricky manages it far better but even then its ludicrous to expect traction at this level.
Didn’t watch it all, but the standing mile vid at 5mins is funny. Only gets traction over 100.... that’s useable :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Cheers, Harry
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Discovered this channel recently; some really cool old skool rally videos (mainly 80s and 90s) 8-)

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Every so often I remember to check in with Soup and then spend a few hours watching time-lapse video of someone breaking-down a chassis for a few hours.
Cheers,

Mike.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

New carpervert:

(I spent way too long playing Supercars 2 as well)