Decent car YouTubes

Beany

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by Beany »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:54 pm When funds eventually allow, I will get one of these. Hope the values remain fairly sensible until then. Interesting looking channel, although the content seems a bit haphazard.

All I'm getting from that video is that Ferraris are utterly terribly designed and put together cars in every important respect.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Saleen S1 Cup.

Surprised by a US company going small capacity and "modest" power, but this seems to have some legs. 8-)

Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Charming little car.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Barry wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:33 pm Saleen S1 Cup.

Surprised by a US company going small capacity and "modest" power, but this seems to have some legs. 8-)

You mean this?
(in the comments it's suggested he's had to reupload it a couple of times)

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I saw this linked by James Ruppert yesterday and wasn’t sure if he was being sarcastic or not. Like a Poundland version of Edd China-era Wheeler Dealers, including the music.

Barry

Post by Barry »

Beany wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:52 am
Barry wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:33 pm Saleen S1 Cup.

You mean this?
(in the comments it's suggested he's had to reupload it a couple of times)

Indeed.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:57 am I saw this linked by James Ruppert yesterday and wasn’t sure if he was being sarcastic or not. Like a Poundland version of Edd China-era Wheeler Dealers, including the music.

My friend had a Volvo S60 shed years ago, one night he turned it on and all the lights were dead. I pissed myself laughing when he went round slamming all the lights as they came back to life one by one :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Middle-aged Dirtbag
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:00 am
8-)
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Found that a bit cringe TBH. Didn't need the dialogue.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I sub to Chris' channel anyway, well worth a look if you have any interest in Japan. However, he's covered the drift world in this vid, and it's great to see a non-petrolhead "get it".

simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Best review yet of the Honda E from Jonny Smith:

Recently announced he's not doing any more for Fully Charged (hence the Honda E video on his own channel), and is going to be doing more / higher quality stuff under his own name, on his own channel. Not just EVs, all the weird and wonderful stuff he likes. Should be worth keeping an eye on.

Beany

Post by Beany »

Ah, I did wonder if he was still doing Fully Charged, I don't think he referenced it directly in the video, just said he'd still be doing 'other things', so I guess that's from twitter (where I'm banned for calling someone a cunt).

I liked his Honda E review.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Watched that yesterday. And yeah I enjoyed his Honda E review. I really like the E, and would have one if I didn't still have a few petrol engined car itches to scratch. I really don't get the fuss over its range, albeit it does seem odd that it's not a little higher given the relative weight and range of the Mini. That said they're really not that far apart. It really is the sort of range that would fit 95% of the daily driving I do these days.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Not Youtube, but has anyone been watching Faster with Finnegan on MotorTrend? First episode was a bit shit (trying to make a pickup truck faster round a track on a budget but they fucked it up), but Eps 2&3 are good.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I have quite a yearning for a GT500 that I probably will never be able to afford.

Middle-aged Dirtbag
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I want to like the little Honda, but too heavy for a small car, shite range plus a tiny boot means it's even be useless for popping to the supermarket. Rear seat looked like two pieces of mdf wrapped in cloth too.

Love the outside, and like the dash even though I hate massive screens. The fish tank looked shite though with really jerky animation and slowdown.
Cheers, Harry
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I don't get the too heavy criticism either. It's an EV. They're all heavy. That won't change until there's a major battery tech shift.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:41 pm I don't get the too heavy criticism either. It's an EV. They're all heavy. That won't change until there's a major battery tech shift.
It does seem heavier than its rivals, despite being smaller than many of them, but yeah they're all heavy by ICE standards. My Ioniq is similar weight IIRC.