Post by speedingfine »

Hubba.
DeskJockey

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by DeskJockey »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:34 pm
Beany wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:31 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:25 pm

Yeah I really like the guy's vids. So much so it's given me an unhealthy dose of want for an E31 850i.

I'm up to date with his most recent projects so have now gone back to the start to the early ones he did. Interesting seeing the development of his style.
Yeah, he makes a lot of the stuff look really straightforward - which to a certain extent, it is - if you have a lift, a decent toolkit, a second car and no fear :shock:

I like his carbon fibre cloths and other little idioms too.
Indeed. And that's the danger. I have no time, no lift, a reasonable amount of tools (thanks to my history of Frenchies) but nothing like what he's been gifted and thankfully very little fear.

Watching him change the PAS feed pipe on Project Dubai only yesterday has me thinking "piece of piss" if mine turns out to be the same issue. I am under no illusions it would be far less of a piece of piss than he makes it look. :lol:
Make sure to also have a healthy supply of fogging oil... For men in stock.

I've been watching his stuff almost from the beginning (a lucky YouTube algorithm recommendation), and it is always enjoyable.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

I’ve seen a couple of these now. Not much that can’t be done with a few bodies, spanners, and the odd BFH or two. 8-)

Ring and pinion on a truck diff. Not even a ratchet to be seen …

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

RobYob

Post by RobYob »

That is far too much car pron this early!

Fulvia-911-Stratos-916-Stratos-Pantera-Startos-S4 sequence starting at 17:26 is 8-) :shock:

WTF is that at 23:28? Two seater road racer is gorgeous. :oops:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

An absolute unit
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Awesome, thanks 8-)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

A very satisfying video.

It did get me thinking though -
Spoiler
the number of times you see vids where the engine is declared as dead or needing a rebuild, and yet I wonder if they really do...
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Engines will usually start and run after a quick service and fluid change. If it's been sitting for a while it's worth giving it a more thorough going over though as gaskets and hoses will likely have dried out and split.

The only thing that'll really kill an engine dead is running without oil or overheating to the point that something in the block seizes
An absolute unit
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

mik

Post by mik »

I know that’s not the final production version, but it still doesn’t look very pretty….
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

John

Post by John »

Those Rufford ford videos are strangely addictive. It's not a million miles from here, I might make the Panda famous :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

John wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:22 am Those Rufford ford videos are strangely addictive. It's not a million miles from here, I might make the Panda famous :lol:
Agreed. I guess we only see a subset of those who go through, but it does astound me how many are happy to “have a go” when they clearly have no idea of the do’s and don’ts associated with deep water. :?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

mik wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:43 am
John wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:22 am Those Rufford ford videos are strangely addictive. It's not a million miles from here, I might make the Panda famous :lol:
Agreed. I guess we only see a subset of those who go through, but it does astound me how many are happy to “have a go” when they clearly have no idea of the do’s and don’ts associated with deep water. :?
The Mustang making it through OK despite the water being quite deep, followed by the Terrano getting into trouble, was hilarious.

Does the chap stand there all day with a camera?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:08 am The Mustang making it through OK despite the water being quite deep, followed by the Terrano getting into trouble, was hilarious.
Probably has some ancient Ford standard design specs to thank for that (along with going through it fairly sensibly).