Today’s want

Mito Man

Re: Today’s want

Post by Mito Man »

It says it was an EU car that went to japan - my guess is once in japan it was painted in the Japanese colour scheme as it is very odd.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:48 am It says it was an EU car that went to japan - my guess is once in japan it was painted in the Japanese colour scheme as it is very odd.
Odd, they have another A6 Allroad of a similar age which also says it was EU supplied and then sold new in Japan: https://www.seymourpope.com/used-vehicl ... i-A6-U386/

ETA: and a C5 model Allroad which was also supplied in the EU unregistered then sold new in Japan: https://www.seymourpope.com/used-vehicl ... ROAD-U351/

All of them on wheels which don't look original to the car, though OEM Audi. Most strange.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

They all have the North America/Japan smaller number plate aperture on the rear.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I've seen their ads before; it's typical pompous sales bullpoop, trying to avoid the words "Japanese spec import" :roll:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:23 pm They all have the North America/Japan smaller number plate aperture on the rear.
So, not EU spec as they assert. Something about the ads makes me distrust them.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:22 pm
Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:23 pm They all have the North America/Japan smaller number plate aperture on the rear.
Yes, also on the one which is up for £9,940 - the picture of the engine bay - I can just make out stickers in Japanese writing which makes it pretty clear that it’s not EU spec.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just seen you can download it, it’s an Audi sticker in Japanese so clearly not EU!
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

If you say something which is not true in the advert, you give any buyer the opportunity to rescind the contract for misrepresentation. I'd never buy from them.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

They don't say EU spec, they say EU supplied (then sold new in Japan before being exported back to the EU/UK). Of course they're EU supplied, that's where they're built :roll: "Oh but they're not Japanese , they were EU supplied" :roll: They're going for bullshit baffles brains, same with the company name I would think.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

It was supplied from the factory in Europe straight to a ship to Japan :lol:

I can't stand blatant bullshit like that in ads
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:38 pm
They don't say EU spec, they say EU supplied (then sold new in Japan before being exported back to the EU/UK). Of course they're EU supplied, that's where they're built :roll: "Oh but they're not Japanese , they were EU supplied" :roll: They're going for bullshit baffles brains, same with the company name I would think.
Not supplied in the EU, but built in the EU. Supplied means they come off the ship in the EU, not just get onto it!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:47 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:38 pm

Not supplied in the EU, but built in the EU. Supplied means they come off the ship in the EU, not just get onto it!
Que? Anyhow, we agree much dodginess a gwan :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Building something in the UK then selling it to its first owner in China would mean it's supplied in China. That's the point I'm making; the distinction between built in, and supplied in.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Aye but supplied in isn't relevant here, it's supplied by or supplied to (Audi Japan). Granted supplied might have a specific legal definition but we both end up at the same point of distrust if by different routes :)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

For some reason I really like this,

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4320717795

I like rally specials, and I love how boring and normal the earliest versions of most look, and love seeing how their designs evolved over time.

Must admit, I never realised there was an original lancer gsr. I know the evo 1-10 or so, but obviously there had to be an original gsr for the evo1 to be an evolution of.

Much like the original delta hf 4x4 with its narrow body, standard bumpers and little wheels.
Cheers, Harry
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

McSwede wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:11 pm
Ascender wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:15 am I mean, this is hardly a strange one, but my favourite Turbo in S form, yes please.

24,000 miles from new?! I guess someone will buy this and it will maybe do a couple of thousand miles a year until it gets sold on again.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/199 ... 93-turbo-s

They're lovely things! Shame the prices are so nuts.
Didn’t hit reserve. High bid was something like £280k. Mad.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Coaster1 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:28 am
McSwede wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:11 pm
Ascender wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:15 am I mean, this is hardly a strange one, but my favourite Turbo in S form, yes please.

24,000 miles from new?! I guess someone will buy this and it will maybe do a couple of thousand miles a year until it gets sold on again.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/199 ... 93-turbo-s

They're lovely things! Shame the prices are so nuts.
Didn’t hit reserve. High bid was something like £280k. Mad.
Bonkers!
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

996 Turbos don't seem to be going for silly money, but the ones I've seen recently have all been pretty high mileage compared to the 993s you see around. How are 996s considered to be as high mileage prospects?

Turbo S, 72,000 miles, currently £19,000...

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/200 ... 96-turbo-s
Cheers,

Mike.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Rust is the issue on 996’s..
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Yeah, getting to the point where they're starting to need a lot of money spending on them. All the radiators are starting to corrode on a lot of them.
Cheers, Harry