Today’s want

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: Today’s want

Post by Ascender »

McSwede wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:12 pm
That's fantastic. Great colour inside and out and as rapid a daily as you'd need. Lovely!!
Lovely car but 80K?? When did that happen?

The colour inside is just too bright though isn't it? Its so close to being a classic colour combo, but they seem to have turned-up the tan to 11.
Cheers,

Mike.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Ascender wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:29 pm
McSwede wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:12 pm
That's fantastic. Great colour inside and out and as rapid a daily as you'd need. Lovely!!
Lovely car but 80K?? When did that happen?

The colour inside is just too bright though isn't it? Its so close to being a classic colour combo, but they seem to have turned-up the tan to 11.
It's vibrant. I love the combo!!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Paging @V8Granite

Pug Mi16x4 for sale

:shock:

Can't be very many of those around at all. In a world where all sorts of crap is going for silly prices (or at least advertised at silly prices) £10k seems quite reasonable!
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

My Dad has been bugging me to go with him to the next auction at Barons, next week:

https://www.barons-auctions.com/view-au ... as-classic

There's two Scimitars going through and I'm not sure if he's serious or not but he's been talking a lot about this one:

https://www.barons-auctions.com/view-lo ... imitar-se4

It's an early model with the Zephyr straight six, rather than the Essex V6 of later cars like mine, and although the later cars are objectively better (more power, better weight distribution from moving the engine CoG further back, revised suspension) the early cars have more cachet and carry a price premium as a result.

I quite fancy the two buggies that are for sale, and the Hudson...
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Some interesting stuff there, I'd be tempted by that Falcon and the MoD Land Rover
An absolute unit
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

The Falcon looks very nice.

The Landie looks.... I can't think of a polite word :lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:25 am Paging @V8Granite

Pug Mi16x4 for sale

Can't be very many of those around at all. In a world where all sorts of crap is going for silly prices (or at least advertised at silly prices) £10k seems quite reasonable!
That is lovely.

If it all works then that’s a really good price. Things like the headlamp washers were always broken even 20 years ago.

I’d love a drive down a flowing A Road in one of those again.

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:37 pm The Falcon looks very nice.

The Landie looks.... I can't think of a polite word :lol:
The Falcon looks too nice for me tbh, I'd want to take it apart to make a gasser :lol:

I like the Land Rover because it's the antithesis of all the tarted up Defenders you see around now.
An absolute unit
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:32 pm Don’t mind the wheels, but couldn’t buy it in that colour scheme. Green paint is just about OK, interior might work with black paint but isn’t nice at all.

Price seems bonkers too. I’m not sure I understand Alpina these days.
I've heard many tales of people who have had engine issues with Alpinas. Hoovie and Jobbo are just two of them.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:11 pm
Jobbo wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:32 pm Don’t mind the wheels, but couldn’t buy it in that colour scheme. Green paint is just about OK, interior might work with black paint but isn’t nice at all.

Price seems bonkers too. I’m not sure I understand Alpina these days.
I've heard many tales of people who have had engine issues with Alpinas. Hoovie and Jobbo are just two of them.
There's a chap on PH with an F31 D3 who had a new engine, but that was somewhere over 200k miles: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... &t=1858420

I still read the Alpina forum from time to time because I love the idea of them but there are plenty of issues, such as the E46 B3 head gaskets being consumables.

ETA: I know where there's a G31 B5 Biturbo Touring which isn't on the Alpina Register. May have to suggest the owner adds it. Or ask him for first refusal if he ever sells.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:30 am

I quite fancy the two buggies that are for sale, and the Hudson...
That black buggy looks lovely - I've had two buggies in the distant past. If I had more space and money...
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I like the look of that Landie too. Will definitely look to pick one up for the house on the croft for tooling around with dogs and sheep in the back.
Cheers,

Mike.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:58 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:25 am Paging @V8Granite

Pug Mi16x4 for sale

That is lovely.

If it all works then that’s a really good price. Things like the headlamp washers were always broken even 20 years ago.

I’d love a drive down a flowing A Road in one of those again.

Dave!
I wonder what the 4x4 ones actually drive like. For some reason I imagine that they would have lost some of that "up on its toes" handling.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Cheers, Harry
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Didn't @mik have one in his younger days? Or was it a lesser model, while he wanted the more potent one?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Those pictures are misleading, it's not the black car you're buying, it's the little piles of rusty dust in the floor in the foreground..
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Hexagon Classics have an even pricier Alpina B3 Touring: £81,995 - https://www.hexagonclassics.com/car/bmw ... b3-touring

Shame it has what looks like bog standard BMW paint and leather, not Alpina-specific paint and upgraded hide.
mik

Post by mik »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:55 am Didn't @mik have one in his younger days? Or was it a lesser model, while he wanted the more potent one?
Excellent memory Alex 8-) - I had an “85 Superstrada” which shared a drivetrain with the X1/9. It was shockingly rusty but did LOO. I lusted heavily after a 105TC that lived locally - a 130TC was just a dream (I would never have been able to afford the insurance or fuel).
__CA__

Post by __CA__ »

Ascender wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:17 am I like the look of that Landie too. Will definitely look to pick one up for the house on the croft for tooling around with dogs and sheep in the back.
I have a 90 soft top of the same vintage and ex-MOD patina. Hardly ever use it, so when I do the shock of its glorified tractorness hits hard! A 4.0 V8 waits patiently for its turn to power it, one day...
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175044708284?hash=it ... SwSjphpieS

Loved the sound of the V10.

How does one sort a link? I thought you had to delete the httpppps bit?