What did they think was going to happen?

Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Re: What did they think was going to happen?

Post by Gavin »

Yup! Although my colleague with his Gowf GTE is seriously excited by the various charging settings etc, it is really interesting on a journey..... :shock:
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Gavin wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:30 am Yup! Although my colleague with his Gowf GTE is seriously excited by the various charging settings etc, it is really interesting on a journey..... :shock:
I was contemplating one and would have been the same. Why the fuck would I charge it at home when I can't claim back the electric. It's a government subsidised tax avoidance scheme for company car drivers. WTF did they think would happen and its yet more evidence that the way CO2 and mpg figures are calculated from the official test cycle are bullshit.

In reality why would I want something like a 330e other then a tax swerve?? In reality it'd be doing low-mid 30's and have a 40l fuel tank. I'd be filling up more than I do in my M140i.

If you work up to 30 miles from your office they could be quite handy but in that case WTF do you need a company car for???
Simon

Post by Simon »

McSwede wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:50 pm
Gavin wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:30 am Yup! Although my colleague with his Gowf GTE is seriously excited by the various charging settings etc, it is really interesting on a journey..... :shock:

I was contemplating one and would have been the same. Why the fuck would I charge it at home when I can't claim back the electric
. It's a government subsidised tax avoidance scheme for company car drivers. WTF did they think would happen and its yet more evidence that the way CO2 and mpg figures are calculated from the official test cycle are bullshit.

In reality why would I want something like a 330e other then a tax swerve?? In reality it'd be doing low-mid 30's and have a 40l fuel tank. I'd be filling up more than I do in my M140i.

If you work up to 30 miles from your office they could be quite handy but in that case WTF do you need a company car for???
Because you can still claim the per mile allowance, but this time you're not paying for petrol.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Simon wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:46 pm
McSwede wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:50 pm

I was contemplating one and would have been the same. Why the fuck would I charge it at home when I can't claim back the electric
. It's a government subsidised tax avoidance scheme for company car drivers. WTF did they think would happen and its yet more evidence that the way CO2 and mpg figures are calculated from the official test cycle are bullshit.

Because you can still claim the per mile allowance, but this time you're not paying for petrol.
Very true. Still wanted the car I have more than a hybrid though :mrgreen: I'd imagine a hybrid will be next unless I am forced into a Passat.