How do Arash Cars stay afloat?

mik

How do Arash Cars stay afloat?

Post by mik »

http://arashcars.com/

Owned by Arash Farboud, previously branded as Farboud, and now branded (both imaginatively and modestly) as Arash. :roll:

Numbers sold over the years must be tiny. Farboud does show up on how many left but I am not sure how many export sales he's had?

I assume it is kept going by cash injections from (his?) other businesses? :?

No comprende. :?
RobYob

Re: How do Arash Cars stay afloat?

Post by RobYob »

Making a small fortune from sports cars :D
GG.

Post by GG. »

"Inspired by endurance cars of the 90s". No shit... even the badge on the front is a Porsche rip off in shape and not his own badge.

Crap homemade cars aside I'm not sure I (for which read in no way could I) live with the ribbing you'd get if you'd spent your own hard earned money on an A-Rash and the inevitable enquiries you'd get about whether any GP can service it and what antibiotics it ran on :lol:

ETA: is the answer to Mik's question "because they're made of plastic"?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Given the cost of these things, I’m don’t understand how they manage to sell even one. Surely you’d look at something for the same price from a real manufacturer and have that? It’s like when Noble went from charging £50k for a car and then tried to sell essentially the same thing but a bit faster for £200k. No thanks, I’ll have a McLaren/Porsche/Ferrari.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Family pharma business funds his hobby, even the “factory” is located there. I think the number of cars he’s (had) built is still in single figures.
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

I quite liked the idea of the GTS as a high powered mid-engined sports car for <£100k (IIRC) when it was first produced 10+ years ago, but the game has moved on and the AF8 (which I don't think I was aware of until I saw it one the website) just looks like a McLaren 570s that's been built in a shed but costs the same price.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

The Fabio/Farboud/Ginetta was a neat little alternative to the Boxster/Elise I always thought it was clever using VAG powertrains. Although it's fairly damning that in the end Ginetta couldn't make it turn a profit.

Like any business for every breakthrough Pagani there's a dozen Arash, Zenos, Trident, Keating, Novia, Bolwell, Marcos, Jensen, Invicta, **** and Panthers turning large ammounts of cash into sheds (both fixed and vehicular)

**** Racking my brain to try and remember a nifty mid engined sports car with a IIRC Triumph triple and some slightly oddball name reviewed in Evo years ago.

Bugger me the old thing got there in the end.

Strathcarron!
scotta

Post by scotta »

Saw thread title and thought you meant this lot...