Harry’s Garage

User avatar
duncs500
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:59 pm

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by duncs500 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:55 pm

I know they're not great cars, but I'm still very fond of them. I don't think I've seen one in the metal since.

RobYob
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by RobYob » Fri May 10, 2019 7:15 pm

The V12 show car in the Jag Heritage centre is interesting and even longer IIRC.

User avatar
Zonda_
Posts: 846
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by Zonda_ » Fri May 10, 2019 7:31 pm

duncs500 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:55 pm
I know they're not great cars, but I'm still very fond of them. I don't think I've seen one in the metal since.
I think that's a bit of a myth, they didn't have great brakes, probably due to the size they were trying to slow but there is a company that looks after pretty much all the XJ220s and they can give them decent brakes and apparently they handle very well.

User avatar
Zonda_
Posts: 846
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by Zonda_ » Fri May 10, 2019 7:32 pm

RobYob wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:15 pm
The V12 show car in the Jag Heritage centre is interesting and even longer IIRC.
I saw that at the launch in 88 and it was a monster. Almost a foot longer iirc

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4784
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by JLv3.0 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:39 pm

Zonda_ wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:31 pm
duncs500 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:55 pm
I know they're not great cars, but I'm still very fond of them. I don't think I've seen one in the metal since.
I think that's a bit of a myth, they didn't have great brakes, probably due to the size they were trying to slow but there is a company that looks after pretty much all the XJ220s and they can give them decent brakes and apparently they handle very well.
So............not great, and needs to be changed then :lol:

User avatar
Zonda_
Posts: 846
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by Zonda_ » Fri May 10, 2019 8:13 pm

JLv3.0 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:39 pm
Zonda_ wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:31 pm
duncs500 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:55 pm
I know they're not great cars, but I'm still very fond of them. I don't think I've seen one in the metal since.
I think that's a bit of a myth, they didn't have great brakes, probably due to the size they were trying to slow but there is a company that looks after pretty much all the XJ220s and they can give them decent brakes and apparently they handle very well.
So............not great, and needs to be changed then :lol:
I've seen the Daytona described as having steering like a London bus, I don't think anyone would argue they are not great cars through!

V8Granite
Posts: 786
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:57 am

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by V8Granite » Fri May 10, 2019 10:58 pm

Those Bentleys are lovely but if the torque converter didn't lock up it would be horrible to live with I think.

The Arnage T I had for a few hundred miles was absolutely gorgeous, it was only the hateful sat nav that ruined an otherwise wonderful car.

Dave!

User avatar
mik
Posts: 2484
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by mik » Sat May 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Coaster1 wrote: Image
http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/2000 ... -chassis-1
Not the most ridiculous price for Chassis No1
According to bloke on loltus forum, bidding stopped at £33k (+commission). I assume that didnt meet the reserve as it failed to sell.

V8Granite
Posts: 786
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:57 am

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by V8Granite » Sat May 11, 2019 5:56 pm

Isn’t that Exiges car ?

Dave!

User avatar
Zonda_
Posts: 846
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by Zonda_ » Sat May 11, 2019 6:00 pm

V8Granite wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 5:56 pm
Isn’t that Exiges car ?

Dave!
Already established on the previous page.

V8Granite
Posts: 786
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:57 am

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by V8Granite » Sat May 11, 2019 6:04 pm

I’ve not got time for all that history, I’m living in the present, forging ahead with life!!!!!

Dave!

User avatar
Jobbo
Posts: 2243
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by Jobbo » Sun May 12, 2019 11:21 am

Apparently only about 40% of the cars offered were sold.

User avatar
mik
Posts: 2484
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by mik » Sun May 12, 2019 11:48 am

Bubbly bursty?

User avatar
Coaster1
Posts: 855
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by Coaster1 » Sun May 12, 2019 5:55 pm

mik wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 5:23 pm
According to bloke on loltus forum, bidding stopped at £33k (+commission). I assume that didnt meet the reserve as it failed to sell.
I wonder if there were only trade bids in the room then.

I think high 3s would be a decent private buy. Buy it now price is £42100 :?

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4784
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by JLv3.0 » Sun May 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Did DB make the changeover when we left The Last Place? I'd like to know what he's up to, and why he's selling chassis 001.

User avatar
mik
Posts: 2484
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by mik » Sun May 12, 2019 8:20 pm

He made it over, but hasnt been active unfortunately. CLICKETY

I think he realised many years back that Chassis #1 should be lucrative and has been waiting for bubble to reach max bubble?

User avatar
integrale_evo
Posts: 1221
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by integrale_evo » Sun May 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Admittedly I haven't been following them, but I'd kind of assumed all s1 exiges were well into the 30s, so even the 40k buy it now seems fairly 'cheap' for no1 :?
Cheers, Harry

User avatar
Jobbo
Posts: 2243
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by Jobbo » Sun May 12, 2019 10:09 pm

I thought it seemed still sensibly priced - the Lotus Carlton above it in the listings had a similar guide price despite having 73k miles on it.

Maybe the fact the Exige is still made counts against it? And people buy them to drive rather than as investments.

speedingfine
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by speedingfine » Mon May 13, 2019 7:58 am

mik wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:20 pm
He made it over, but hasnt been active unfortunately. CLICKETY

I think he realised many years back that Chassis #1 should be lucrative and has been waiting for bubble to reach max bubble?
Maybe he's selling up cos he's leaving the country before we exit the EU :P

User avatar
ShockDiamonds
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by ShockDiamonds » Wed May 15, 2019 12:25 pm

V8Granite wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:58 pm
Those Bentleys are lovely but if the torque converter didn't lock up it would be horrible to live with I think.

The Arnage T I had for a few hundred miles was absolutely gorgeous, it was only the hateful sat nav that ruined an otherwise wonderful car.

Dave!
The Turbo RTs do seem like a shitload of car for the cash. Although from memory they need a £4k hydraulic service every year or #internetmyth

Post Reply