Harry’s Garage

mik

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by mik »

It makes a great noise, and is clearly rather rapid. But otherwise.... why? :?

And yeh 5000 man hours and it has no place to mount a plate at the front, and no place to mount a plate at the rear. Don’t car designers know they are a legal requirement? And with the plate on - it looks AWFUL!

Don’t want.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I imagine it’s primary purpose is to be parked up in a dry heated car collection for 364.5 days of the year so maybe number plate locations are not that important.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Probably that. I’m afraid.
GG.

Post by GG. »

As ever, its the over-fussy details that ruin things like this. If you're going with fussy details at least copy how they looked on the originals (i.e. vents in the front wings).

the front bumper manages to look generic and over-styled all at the same time... and whoever decided to paint the inserts orange on a red car should be imprisoned for life for crimes against good taste.

As you can see I really like these one off cobbled together magnets for people with more money than taste.
mik

Post by mik »

And at 3m47 Harry says “that’s an owner-Pacific thing”

Noooo - not you Harry! :cry:
GG.

Post by GG. »

I know I noticed that too - for all his Patek watches and Zondas he is a grain buyer done good remember... and all the better for that. 'Hy-draw-lics' also usually makes me chuckle.

Much more interesting to have someone with a back story than another toffee nosed 'seen through glaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas' youtuber with little of interest about them other than their access to cars.
mik

Post by mik »

I don’t see it as any measure of class or background. It’s just an act of wrongful verbal wrongness that must be corrected. A very pacific example.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

DriveTribe featuring Harry.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I really hope Harry buys it and does silly miles in it again. That, the Zonda and David Yus R33 were some of the best long termers or old.

Dave!
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

That was rather wonderful. They clearly both were besotted with it. Harry caressing the car, I'm sure they turned off cameras for him to have a private moment or two.

Roll on "Metcalf and Hammond, Great motoring regrets parts II-X" :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

What did the 550 sell for? I can't find it on Collecting Cars now.

ETA: found it, sold for £60k: https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/199 ... -maranello
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Coaster1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:01 am

DriveTribe featuring Harry.
That was excellent.

It does strike you how different the two of them are at presenting. Hammond bombastically telling you a story about moving house while Harry gently caresses it then brings out twenty rapid fire trivia items.

Also - isn't it funny how two people describing how much they want something makes you want it too?
Simon

Post by Simon »

How can DriveTribe guy not know that Harry had a Zonda?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Simon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:51 pm How can DriveTribe guy not know that Harry had a Zonda?
Especially given Harry had said "I had to sell it to buy the Zonda" about 5 mins previously.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

A crossover episode 😍

Nice honourable mention for evonomics and their enthusiasm for it is just great.

Hammond's story about moving..then not moving was :? :shock: :D

Roll on the series 😄
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Another week, another Aston, this time the V8 Vantage Roadster.... and another real mix of good & bad design in one package. The rear end is a right mess, but I do love the side profile while the front end is a bit unremarkable.

£995 for black-painted brake callipers? That's one way to start boosting their bank balance.

I have to say that with all the interior & exterior visual stuff, my thoughts were exactly the same as Harry's. Had to laugh at the free umbrella comment and the fact he's left the infotainment screen turned off so it doesn't offend him.

Interesting the comparisons he was making to the Boxster & Jag alternatives which are available for almost half the price.
Cheers,

Mike.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:53 am What did the 550 sell for? I can't find it on Collecting Cars now.

ETA: found it, sold for £60k: https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/199 ... -maranello
Same as Harry paid for it in 2005.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Harry justifies owning a LOT of motorbikes 8-)
revsRus
Currently Driving: Mclaren 600LT
VW Golf Clubsport S

Post by revsRus »

mik wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:15 am I don’t see it as any measure of class or background. It’s just an act of wrongful verbal wrongness that must be corrected. A very pacific example.
He said “hyperbowl” in a previous video too. That was surprising for a journalist, albeit a print journalist.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)