Harry’s Garage

mik

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by mik »

I get what you mean JL. I fully appreciate the significance of the Miura, but have zero desire to own one. And at those prices - not a question I am likely to ask myself anyway :) .
Marv

Post by Marv »

I really like the looks of the Miura, it's another great design of the 1960s IMO.

There seemed to be too much gearbox whine to fully enjoy the sound of the V12 though, and yeah, some of engineering seems to be a bit shonky.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Simon

Post by Simon »

New RR Phantom vid.

The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

That is pretty fugly. :?

When he puts it beside his ‘67 version. Teh. Size. :shock:
JonathanE

Post by JonathanE »

Colour scheme is vaguely similar to my 1953 Silver Wraith!

Image by

I suspect the Silver Wraith, which is a LWB version, is about the same size at the new Phantom (if my car ever gets finished, I'll drive it to a RR showroom to find out). The good news is that I probably have at least as much room in the back, and it should end up costing a bit less.. it probably rides better as well!

Jonathan
Simon

Post by Simon »

Yeah odd review really. He seems to say that it doesn't ride as well as he'd hoped, but also doesn't handle as well as the suspension suggests. Like it falls between to stalls...
The artist formerly known as _Who_
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:39 am I'll be even more hated than normal for saying this, but there's something about the Miura that leaves me, if not cold, but only lukewarm at best.
You do know that what you said here is ridiculous right? Somebody should have told you really.;)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I just kept waiting for him to say a Range Rover rides and handles better but at the end of the day if he gives a bad review he won’t get new cars from manufacturers to review will he...
How about not having a sig at all?
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Loved the shot of new next to old

The old Rolls looked like a Triumph Dolomite next to the new one.

A curious 'meh' though for the new car.

Surely they have to blow you away and make you want one? More so than supercars too IMO as you'll lose a ton of cash on as Rolls vs an in demand supercar which may well appreciate.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I think the gap between the Rolls and a more normal luxury car has closed a lot. I was messing round in the 7 series configurator a couple of weeks ago and a lot of the tech is clearly recognisable between the two, which is a shame. It seems to have lost a lot of the simple luxury of the older Phantom as well. Too many buttons and the starlight headlining thing just looked tacky to me.
An absolute unit
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Re the Miura video, are Miura's £1.3M now?! I visited a local car collection a few years ago and was amazed when he said the Miura was worth £300k...
Left over crest; tightens.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I turned the Phanton video off half way.

The car lacks the sophistication and style of the previous model and adverts every 6 mins weren't worth it.

Edit: Watching it on my TV I have no option to block the adverts.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I never got any ads streaming from my phone to chromecast, is it just a thing that the smart tv app does?
An absolute unit
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Perhaps.

I 'upgraded' my TV Box from Youtube Android (presumably a generic mobile device app) to the proper Youtube TV app with improved resolution at the expense of more / longer adverts.
Richard

Post by Richard »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:14 am I never got any ads streaming from my phone to chromecast, is it just a thing that the smart tv app does?
Same here.

Casting from my (i)phone to chrome cast, I very, very rarely get ads. Which I find odd.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

An oddly ‘flat’ review that. Total contrast to the Muira via. He’s more a motoring historian than a modern car reviewer IMHO. I could watch his reviews of older cars all day long, but this Phantom vid just seemed to lack his usual energy and enthusiasm. An off day perhaps.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

The reviews of modern stuff are normally like that. More objective than emotional, and none the better for it. I stopped watching his vids of new cars tbh, but always put it down to my own lack of interest rather than his - it could well be both.
Marv

Post by Marv »

30 minute video is way too long for my short attention s
Oui, je suis un motard.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/silv ... les/pn/all

Some strong prices there..... (+ 15% buyer premium)

£135k for the E30 M3 Sport EVo
£160k for the 190E Evo II
£200k Ford GT

The M3 and 190 E made the £85k RS500 look reasonable.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Anyone else going to the Harry's JLR Classic event on August 18th ?