Harry’s Garage

GG.

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by GG. »

Yes that's true but even still - not so impressive given the context of the lister with pretty much the same power from around the same capacity with a design that dates back to the early 70s (and beyond if you don't limit yourself to when it first appeared in a road car).
Last edited by GG. on Thu May 13, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mik

Post by mik »

A full 7.0l conversion is going to require other upgrades - brakes probably need to be better, grippier tyres which may require bigger rims, updated dampers if you are going to be moving faster etc etc.

I wouldn’t personally.
GG.

Post by GG. »

I certainly would if I were dropping, what 25-30k into a car (by the time he's finished all the bodywork and the 10ish that was mentioned for the engine as is) and could upgrade the engine and the other stuff you mention for another 10k or so. As you can tell from his expression, he'd have done it had he known the price.

The 'keeping it original' holds no water given the bespoke colour and incorrect transmission anyway!

Then again - he does also have the Lancia in for a rebuild and blew his brains out on the Espada last year so with that in mind...
Last edited by GG. on Thu May 13, 2021 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mik

Post by mik »

It warms up a smidge and smoothes somewhat towards the end of the vid when you can then hear the bass.....

GG.

Post by GG. »

Mind you - the six point oh doesn't sound bad!! Jeez :shock:

RobYob

Post by RobYob »

When I was young I went to the Geelong Speed Trials maybe in '92ish and there was a midnight blue Lister XJS (with a brace of superchargers) and it made a lasting impression.

I have some old photos (and negatives) somewhere. It was an epic event until health and safety and a nasty crash involving Jack Brabham sanitised it.

Replace those two old timers with a Lister and a Diablo SV and you can imagine what speed and thunder was on display.

Probably the defining "motorsport" experience of my childhood.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

mik wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:02 pm Really enjoyed this one - engine builder bloke is superb 8-) .

And that LeMans is lovely. Special thing.

Oh flip - understatement of the century.

This is going to cost a fortune but it is immensely satisfying watching it all talked through.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Watching the engine build video now. Those head gaskets are a fright.

Interesting to see them just binning the original fuel injection and distributor on the Lister XJS. Makes sense, I’d rather deal with carbs than vintage fuel injection :lol:
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Watching Harry’s latest auction walkround and I’ve just realised that the Zenos E10 is probably the rarest car I’ve ever seen irl.
An absolute unit
scotta

Post by scotta »

ZedLeg wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:26 pm Watching Harry’s latest auction walkround and I’ve just realised that the Zenos E10 is probably the rarest car I’ve ever seen irl.
I liked the idea of one before i bought the club racer. Lot of performance for the money. I joined an owners group however and that put me off. They said as standard its a bit soft and the brakes are shit.So i was already mentally upgrading one before buying. After which it didnt seem so cheap.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

ZedLeg wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:26 pm Watching Harry’s latest auction walkround
Just watching this now..... the yellow S1 Elise at the beginning.... what a beautiful car 8-)
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

scotta wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:09 am
ZedLeg wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:26 pm Watching Harry’s latest auction walkround and I’ve just realised that the Zenos E10 is probably the rarest car I’ve ever seen irl.
I liked the idea of one before i bought the club racer. Lot of performance for the money. I joined an owners group however and that put me off. They said as standard its a bit soft and the brakes are shit.So i was already mentally upgrading one before buying. After which it didnt seem so cheap.
They were being built literally a stones throw from my house. PH had a meet their once was a great day. Highlight was three original NSX parked side by side.

Zenos seemed like a great idea hamstrung by the usual small volume producer problems. Didn't they try and restart in South Africa? Or are we now just playing failed small volume manufacturer bingo...
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

I have massive want for the blue R33 in the auction vid.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

With the 7.0, presumably they do different states of tune, and the keep the torquey but revvy characteristics he likes of the original would cost rather more again (plus, as mik says, brakes & suspension to suit). The only answer is to get another XJC to build into that sort of car.
I wonder if there'll be a Harry's Garage Doors bit in a later vid.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Flywheel has been balanced with the clutch *shows clutch still sealed in plastic wrap*. Haha. Bit of teeth-sucking sort of place by the looks.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Also, are you telling me no-one has engineered a replacement proper seal for that crappy bit of rope?
GG.

Post by GG. »

He mentioned in the vid that you can replace with a lip seal but it involves quite a bit of machining for, in his opinion, little gain over the old method.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

8-)
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

I'm sure the Cerberus is not an original fit item! Looks amazing.
mik

Post by mik »

One for @Nefarious