Harry’s Garage

speedingfine

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by speedingfine »

Jay Kay's BMs a particular highlight, esp the M3.

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

speedingfine wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:26 pm Jay Kay's BMs a particular highlight, esp the M3.

£93k for JK's M3 :roll:

Any other sale prices catch anyone's eye?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Mental money, it's not even anything particularly special. Amusing that harry was enthusing about all the rear camber. There's nothing fancy or planned going on there, it's just an e30 that's been lowered. Properly modified ones have adjustable beams so you can dial out the camber when you lower them :lol:
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

When Harry mentioned he was going to do a winter trip in the Esprit I tweeted him to request that he made it look like the For Your Eyes Only Esprit - one of the most iconic car images of my youth 8-)

Harry didn’t respond. Probably ‘cos he was already planning it, in far more detail than I had imagined. :oops:

This is great - but the levels of white tyre text are disappointing.... 😐

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:53 pm When Harry mentioned he was going to do a winter trip in the Esprit I tweeted him to request that he made it look like the For Your Eyes Only Esprit - one of the most iconic car images of my youth 8-)

Harry didn’t respond. Probably ‘cos he was already planning it, in far more detail than I had imagined. :oops:

This is great - but the levels of white tyre text are disappointing.... 😐

one of the very few exceptions to my hatred of metallic dark red cars! The graphics on them are too cool.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I think Harry's car needs black bumpers. I know colour cases is right for his particular car, but they look like they've been done aftermarket.
Cheers, Harry
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Yeah the first 5 seconds will tell you that you want one 😂
mik

Post by mik »

They never grabbed me, but that one is a great spec and colour - and more desirable than most 430s.

I can’t get excited by the noise of the Fezza flat-plane V8 though. Particularly at idle. :?
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Back in the day, I thought D Yu's F430 Spider was stunning
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

I just watched the project 8 one - I love how enthusiastic he is about the car, it’s so infectious.

Like just explaining why he likes purple.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

8-)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Engine looks amazing, but the underside of the car looks a bit of a bodged up patchwork quilt, unless that's just how they're put together :?
Cheers, Harry
Marv

Post by Marv »

integrale_evo wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:32 am Engine looks amazing, but the underside of the car looks a bit of a bodged up patchwork quilt, unless that's just how they're put together :?
There was a journalist last week who said something along the lines of the old Lamborghini factory and it's fabrication techniques being pretty horrific.

Guess things improved in that respect when Audi came along.
Oui, je suis un motard.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Marv wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:28 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:32 am Engine looks amazing, but the underside of the car looks a bit of a bodged up patchwork quilt, unless that's just how they're put together :?
There was a journalist last week who said something along the lines of the old Lamborghini factory and it's fabrication techniques being pretty horrific.

Guess things improved in that respect when Audi came along.
One can imagine that when the Audi QA team first got into the Lamborghini factory there were a lot of head in hands moments. :lol:
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

The new 922 Turbo S looks great to my eyes, except for those cheap-looking plastic side vents. 0-60 in 2.5 secs and consistently :shock:
M235i
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I’ve not seen that particular video, but I’ve noticed a lot of them are starting to feel more like adverts for cars he owns, companies he’s involved with or has other vested interest in rather than pure automotive enthusiasm :?

The SZ one, kept saying how good it was, how few miles it had, how perfect it was, maybe as a favour to the company who lent it to him, yet several shots the (very common for the car ) paint blistering issue was pretty clear to see.
Cheers, Harry
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I think he's just been using contacts to be able to keep turning out content whilst there wasn't any availability from the manufacturers.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

He's always used cars from dealers as well as his own and the 911 was the UK press car.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I know he’s always done it but seems to be getting more obvious.
Meh, maybe it’s just me.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

His new car reviews definitely aren’t as good, but it’s a catch22 situation, if you slate it then you’re not going to get invited to review their next car are you. His electric mini review was pretty poor.
How about not having a sig at all?